Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Clark-Model is diversifying into tank bodies now, it would appear. The Cromwell was referred to in the Tamiya Sheridan news item above. Here's a couple of pics I've lifted off Facebook just to stir up a little more curiosity. The nation that first sent tanks into battle is, as we all know, woefully underrepresented in the 1/16 scale realm. :thumbdown: :'( Any effort to redress the imbalance has to be saluted. :thumbup:
The pics look very promising, but it's a pity that further details are only available on Clark's Facebook page. News on his website goes no further than 2016, and there's no mention of tank development in 1/16.
That's frustrating, as I'd rather not use Facebook for tech news.
Clark-Model Cromwell Mk IV in 1/16
Clark-Model Cromwell Mk IV in 1/16
Clark-Model Cromwell in one sixteenth.jpeg (77.09 KiB) Viewed 4332 times
Clark-Model Cromwell Mk IV
Clark-Model Cromwell Mk IV
As a footnote, I've always wondered why it is that '1/16' comes up as an invalid part of a filename when uploading. I used the forward slash, yet it was interpreted as a colon, i.e. 1:16'. Bizarre. :eh:
Och well...
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Post by tomhugill »

I always assumed / is an invalid character as it makes up part of the file path
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning all ( Clark included ;o)
Please do a Churchill one of these years soon. ( and a Matilda II if you are feeling generous )
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning all ( Clark included ;o)
Please do a Churchill one of these years soon. ( and a Matilda II if you are feeling generous )
regards,
Painless
Couldn't agree with you more, Painless. :) Though I'm a big fan of Chris Ludwig's take on British armour, it can't hurt to have slightly less bespoke alternatives. The Churchill had unique hill climbing skills, and could absorb a lot of punishment. The Matilda put up more resistance to Rommel's armoured lunge towards Dunkirk, than any French armoured units. Its armour could withstand anything the Germans could throw at it, aside from the lethal coup de grace German 88s. One Matilda unit knocked out 30+ of Rommel's panzers, in fact, even with the modest 2-pounder. (Not such a bad gun for that time, incidentally). Rommel used 88mm ack-ack guns to stop them..The cad! >:< A clever cad, nonetheless.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Hi Guys,

FYI I plan on carrying the Cromwell when it is ready and as always will come with an assortment of DGS goodies. Second, the Churchill is out as a kit not only from Ludwig but also Carson's too...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26015
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning again,
I'm not sure on the price of the CARSON Churchill and will go scope it out. Thanks for the heads up. If too pricey ( and it may be for an old Wolf living in the Rockies in a town trapped in the year 1919 ) I'll cross my fingers for Clark.
regards and Greetings! Roy!
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Painless, Carson's Churchill kit is $800 USD, but that does not include the PDSGB that you have to use on the kit, so unless you have one you can swap in/out, it will be another $150 USD for the gearbox.

I have one sitting here trying to decide is that will be my next project.......... Its either that, or the Pz IV L70 from Tamiya.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Mornin' Michael,
Build the Churchill so that we can all see how it goes together. 950.00 is a bit steep for me ( a guy who still has to finish his 1/6 Stuart ) so I'll be keeping an eye out for the Clark version.
Thanks again!
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

dgsselkirk wrote:Hi Guys,

FYI I plan on carrying the Cromwell when it is ready and as always will come with an assortment of DGS goodies. Second, the Churchill is out as a kit not only from Ludwig but also Carson's too...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26015
That's great news, Dean!. Buying from a trusted source (of which you are one) takes a lot of the stress out of parting with loads of moolah. (That guilty side-effect of excessive indulgence :lolno: )
I already have the Ludwig Cromwell, but might be tempted by the Clark version. :think: Hmm.. but then again, the Churchill looks like a real alluring temptress :) I understand, though, the latter has issues with gearbox compatibility, since the Churchill is somewhat narrow in the beam.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

MichaelC wrote:Painless, Carson's Churchill kit is $800 USD, but that does not include the PDSGB that you have to use on the kit, so unless you have one you can swap in/out, it will be another $150 USD for the gearbox.

I have one sitting here trying to decide is that will be my next project.......... Its either that, or the Pz IV L70 from Tamiya.
Some Tamiya full-option kits are reaching, and often exceed, the £1,000 mark here in the UK, Michael. On that basis, a well designed Churchill kit might well be a better alternative. Without doubt, it would be more unique, and what's more, it already looks satisfyingly detailed.. :thumbup:

Return to “General Discussion”