Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Happy Sunday all! Clark posted these photos earlier today so it appears a Matilda may well be in the offering once Cromwell has been proven a success
It is a happy Sunday indeed :thumbup: :D
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

As previously said, I'm not a great fan of British WW2 tanks but l do have a real soft spot for these. I'll be waiting. Any thoughts about who would retail them?
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

General Jumbo01 wrote:As previously said, I'm not a great fan of British WW2 tanks but l do have a real soft spot for these. I'll be waiting. Any thoughts about who would retail them?
I would lobby your favorite dealer & hobby retailer to contact Clark towards carrying them so we can ensure the base MOQ is met. Again, he's already offering discounts upon hitting 200 or 300 confirmed order, even upgraded metal components if the latter.

The BT-7 will be first out the gate once Clark completes his move this month to his new facility so stay tuned.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

He’s not listening.

He NEEDS to build one working model to show us before anyone with common sense will drop any money into a ‘pre order’ kit.

I’m not giving him even a deposit until I’ve seen in inside and out, and a running video. He’s cracking on with some great stuff but really needs to get a prototype of each one finished and go from there.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

There isn't a prototype? Surely he needs one for his own benefit, let alone ours. I'd like a BT-7 too.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
STHV
Lance Corporal

Post by STHV »

The prototype will be built if at least 100 people are interested in any one tank like the BT-7 or the Cromwell only after will you pay to get one
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
Panzerjaeger66
Corporal

Post by Panzerjaeger66 »

Ad Lav wrote:He’s not listening.

He NEEDS to build one working model to show us before anyone with common sense will drop any money into a ‘pre order’ kit.

I’m not giving him even a deposit until I’ve seen in inside and out, and a running video. He’s cracking on with some great stuff but really needs to get a prototype of each one finished and go from there.
I completely agree! How should Clark know, if the tank works? Designing a scale tank is beautiful (I know what I´m talking about :P ), but making everything functional without breakdowns is another story!

Before Chris/me produces tank kits, we´re building a prototype and do improvements if needed (nobody is perfect ;) ).
Today with 3D printers it´s an easy way to make one build, so no excuses!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Ad Lav wrote:He’s not listening.

Seems quite clear to me:

1. Solicit interest in subject, 60 day open period for orders to be placed WITHOUT DEPOSIT. Again, Clark is not asking for any deposit or payment to place initial order. This is only used to gauge commitments for the specific model.
2. Once threshold of 100 orders is reached, a working prototype "golden" model will be offered within 45-60 days.
3. Once working model is presented, formal payment opens for those who have place order.
4. Should 100 paid orders not be reached, all payments will be refunded & Clark will move on to the next one in line.

AGAIN, NO MONEY CHANGES HANDS UNTIL AFTER A WORKING PRE-PRODUCTION MODEL IS PRESENTED & SHOWN.

As I posted earlier on page 2:
Regarding Clark's business model, I have no problem with his approach since I've know him for years & he's a reliable seller & registered company. I personally know most of the Asian based sources here, been burned by a few but have no qualms on what Clark is proposing.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

STHV wrote:The prototype will be built if at least 100 people are interested in any one tank like the BT-7 or the Cromwell only after will you pay to get one
Doesn't get much clearer than this. Thanks.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

FYI, learned this morning that the Matilda is scheduled for 2nd half 2020 so plenty of time to start saving your pennies after you get the Cromwell.

For those interested in building a kit, I heartedly recommend Ludwig's excellent line which gives you the best of both worlds when it comes to kit & RTR options. :thumbup:

Return to “General Discussion”