Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Post by RobW »

My concern with the business model is the unknown price on ordering & spares: will they be making replacement tracks etc?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jimbo_wa wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:So much for the Comet (just ordered!) being the last one...
I’ll look after the Comet for you so you can buy this! Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Your generosity knows no bounds, Jimbo. :thumbup: I'm genuinely touched :lolno: :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

RobW wrote:My concern with the business model is the unknown price on ordering & spares: will they be making replacement tracks etc?
Overall price is one thing, Rob; but my concern would be a large sum of money floating around in the ether between May and Sept, with no guarantee of even receiving the Cromwell kit- unless a minimum number of 100 orders is forthcoming. Still, I can see that from Clark's point of view, as it's also a potentially large investment with no guaranteed return, unless sufficient interest is generated. :think:
I'd be very interested in one at the lowest price (with all associated bells and whistles). ..but $700 is Tamiya territory. :problem: Globally, though, I should imagine that 100+, or even 300+ takers would be easily achievable..
Mmm.. even so, it could still be value for money if it's as good as it looks. :|
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

The BT-7 looks to be nearer $300 so may wait for that.

I also think we need to look at costs in a relative sense: HL is cheap, Tamiya expensive. The niche suppliers are reasonably priced, but still a lot of money. Several months is also over the PayPal safety limit: I think they may need to review their model.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I think they need to get one made and tested before taking pre orders!
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

Why are they not using Kickstarter or similar, it's what they do day in, day out and has some protection for buyers too?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

I, along with several others, have been working in the background with Clark on research to help see this Cromwell & other British subjects come to fruition. To be clear, my only interest in assisting Clark is to buy one his new tanks at list price like anyone else. If the Cromwell is a hit, he already has Crusader Mk III, Centurion & Comet on his list but that's down the road after a few others appear that he's currently working.

Regarding Clark's business model, I have no problem with his approach since I've know him for years & he's a reliable seller & registered company. I personally know most of the Asian based sources here, been burned by a few but have no qualms on what Clark is proposing.

As stated in his post, he will accept orders May-June & payment is not due until after the proto "golden" sample is finished in July. At that point buyers will be asked to pay in full for delivery Sept 1. If they cannot get 100 paid orders then the Cromwell project will be cancelled & he'll move on with BT-7. Refunds will be given to all who paid in but I doubt that will be needed given the interest. That said, if you are interested in seeing the Cromwell, I'd suggest not sitting on your duff.

I suggested Kickstarter but it's not available in Taiwan where he's based. Only means would be to open a new company in the States or another country currently eligible for project use. Thats not about to happen.

Regarding the stated price, it's a bargain given the standard features he's offering down to the stamped brass fenders which was one of my suggestions in lieu of plastic injected parts found on others. Check out the close ups of the detail he's putting into his design drawings like the welds on the rivet bosses on the turret. As you would expect the hedgerow cutter, etc shown in his latest drawings will be detachable. All said, based on what I know this will be one fine piece of kit.

Get your mates to go in on this & you'll see other models will follow. Feel free to ask any questions. Cheers.
STHV
Corporal

Post by STHV »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:I, along with several others, have been working in the background with Clark on research to help see this Cromwell & other British subjects come to fruition. To be clear, my only interest in assisting Clark is to buy one his new tanks at list price like anyone else. If the Cromwell is a hit, he already has Crusader Mk III, Centurion & Comet on his list but that's down the road after a few others appear that he's currently working.

Regarding Clark's business model, I have no problem with his approach since I've know him for years & he's a reliable seller & registered company. I personally know most of the Asian based sources here, been burned by a few but have no qualms on what Clark is proposing.

As stated in his post, he will accept orders May-June & payment is not due until after the proto "golden" sample is finished in July. At that point buyers will be asked to pay in full for delivery Sept 1. If they cannot get 100 paid orders then the Cromwell project will be cancelled & he'll move on with BT-7. Refunds will be given to all who paid in but I doubt that will be needed given the interest. That said, if you are interested in seeing the Cromwell, I'd suggest not sitting on your duff.

I suggested Kickstarter but it's not available in Taiwan where he's based. Only means would be to open a new company in the States or another country currently eligible for project use. Thats not about to happen.

Regarding the stated price, it's a bargain given the standard features he's offering down to the stamped brass fenders which was one of my suggestions in lieu of plastic injected parts found on others. Check out the close ups of the detail he's putting into his design drawings like the welds on the rivet bosses on the turret. As you would expect the hedgerow cutter, etc shown in his latest drawings will be detachable. All said, based on what I know this will be one fine piece of kit.

Get your mates to go in on this & you'll see other models will follow. Feel free to ask any questions. Cheers.
Do you have any info on the full metal King Tiger and the Goliath?

Also if Clark need any help with information on the Panther D they mentioned I would be more than happy to help
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

KT is not his but from a customer he's supplying the board to. Goliath was just made for fun as a 3D static model but could be RC - bit small, though, at 1/16 so perfect for larger scale.

Regarding the Panther which is on his list, feel free to contact Clark on Facebook. He's quite responsive to input.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

The man is getting way ahead of himself now; certainly keeping his design team busy!
Clarks.jpg

Return to “General Discussion”