Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Re: Clark-Model Projected A15 Crusader Mk III

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Clark is thinking he should focus on more "light" tanks and is considering moving up his planned A15 Crusader Mk III once the BT-7 is released. I passed along that a Matilda has been requested before so respectfully open the topic for discussion among you gents as to what you think would generate more interest: Matilda Mk II or Crusader Mk III.
Crusader_tank_III.jpg
Crusader_tank_III.jpg (25.73 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Post by RobW »

Possibly Mathilda 2, but I suspect both would be of interest (both were supplied under Lend Lease so potentially not just the UK market).

Personally I'd like a gap between releases & an idea of what's coming when too (very roughly). Whilst I want some of what's been hinted at there are only so many I can buy per year: when I buy a BT do I miss the Mathilda/Crusader? This wouldn't be an issue if they were longer production runs or could be expected to repeated in a couple of years.
Schultzy
Private

Post by Schultzy »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:I rather like the look of the speedy BT-7 myself :) .. The front is reminiscent of an older style formula 1 race car... and this tank, it appears, could do almost 50MPH on the road flat out.
Yes, it's quite an interesting tank.
Watch "BT5 and BT7 Craziness on YouTube
phpBB [video]

And, now I know where Audi got their Le Mans sports car design from. . . .
Now I see where the Dukes of Hazzard got their ideas for their stunts!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Clark-Model Projected A15 Crusader Mk III

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Clark is thinking he should focus on more "light" tanks and is considering moving up his planned A15 Crusader Mk III once the BT-7 is released. I passed along that a Matilda has been requested before so respectfully open the topic for discussion among you gents as to what you think would generate more interest: Matilda Mk II or Crusader Mk III.
Crusader_tank_III.jpg
I would say that the traditional Matilda would be a more popular subject than a Crusader............the Crusaders were rated as awful.
With the Matilda being "the Queen of the Desert" , I would say that the first mass produced and good quality 16th version will sell out, almost only on pre orders !
Harder to manufacture as a model-yes, easier to sell as a model- yes............I would be amazed if it was the other way round.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I totally agree with every word Herman said.
Matilda queen of the desert all the way :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Sigh, not that I have anything against these early war machines but I want Clark to succeed with this program. I intend to be a dealer for him here in North America so for my 2 cents it should be the Centurion and here is my logic. This tank was the pinnacle of allied WW II design. Became one of the most produced post war tanks. In official service with 19 countries and "unofficial" with several more. The amount of variants and upgrades is staggering. you can place this tank anytime from the 10 prototypes that were sent to Europe a month after the war ended, to today were they are still operated by 3 countries! Big enough tank so it can be stuffed with electronics, bigger speaker, smoker, even FPV if you wanted! I believe this tank because of it's exposure pretty much all over the world, would outsell anything else he has listed so far in the imaginary production sheet especially if a reasonable price. How could it not? I'll wait.... :haha:
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

I find myself caught exactly in the middle of both what Herman and dgsselkirk said. I'd love to see a Matilda, and would also love to see a Centurion. Yeah, I know I'm just being greedy, but....
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

I don't have much interest in the Crusader but a Matilda would be at the top of my list if it was available. A Centurion would also have me getting out the credit card.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I can’t stand either of them!
But from an enthusiast point, both are desirable.
From a kit manufacturers point, the Centurion is the smartest for Mr Selkirks exact reasoning.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I really can't say why, but modern armour doesn't appeal to me that much. Apart from the WW1 British Mk IV and V tanks- which I'd love to have in 1/16 Hint! Hint! (and maybe the Renault teapot on tracks- AKA the FT) I only have the urge to collect WW2 armour. I expect my Family's association with the Royal Armoured Corps in WW2 is the main driving force. :|
I do have the Chally 2, and would have the Centurion simply because it was the original MBT, and arguably one of the best tanks ever made in any era. It also retains some of that 'industrial' steam-age look that can be very appealing, as compared to the sleek lines of modern vehicles.

As for the Cromwell driver, HB,(- post massive jump, and unprintable expletives...) ...I would imagine that he would have exited the tank two inches shorter than when entered it. :think: :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Discussion”