Andrea Vallee

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Andrea Vallee

Post by dgsselkirk »

Well guys, I think I have waited long enough almost a year....

I would like to tell you a story about a man named Andrea Vallee from Bergkamen Germany. . Quite simply I am at a loss to figure out why he is not getting back to me. So maybe someone here knows him or knows someone who knows him.

I first came across him on Facebook when I saw some of his models in particular the Canadian Ram. I struck up a conversation with him about it and the details of how he built it. I also inquired if he might be interested in building one for me. We went back and forth a little bit and I offered cash or a Firefly kit but he insisted no money but send him some extra parts. So I sent him to start 2 Sherman A1 upper hulls, 3 Sherman early 3 part transmission covers, a Mato lower hull, 3 HL turrets with bases and rings, 2 of my Jarlath servo recoil units, and some other goodies. So the cost of the items plus about $130 bucks in shipping. When he received the package he told me there was extra duties to pay to the tune of $56 Euros so I sent him that money too. This was all done in Jan. thru Mar. He has family in Canada so the plan was he was going to build and send with his sister in July to take to his mother in Canada and then she could ship it to me. I would of course cover all that shipping cost.

So we kept conversing and talking and not just about tanks but family, friends, the usual chit chat and I thought that I had a new friend in Germany.

My first hint that something might not be quite right was when he started sending me pictures mid Feb. of what I thought was the upper hull of my Ram tank under construction. Turns out I was wrong and I quote “No, this is a badger for a friend. From my upper hull.” Hmmm…. O.K. you would think you would want to build the guy’s who sent you all the parts first but O.K. I can wait…

So the next item he said he is starting on is the Skink turret using one of my turrets of course. Hey no problem, curious to see what he comes up with and then I get a message Feb. 23rd and I quote “End of next week, I begin with you RamII. Tuesday I call a manufacturer for barrel” We had been discussing building one of the 40 Rams fitter with the 75mm gun. I then started to see pics of the skink turret and what he was trying to build. Keep in mind all this time we are chatting about all kinds of things as well..

Mar. 1st again “Next week, I begin with you RAMII. I made Sunday the turret Front” Around middle of March he started telling me about going to Intermodell Event and he was prepping tanks for that. On the 28th he tells me “ the cuts ready from the Ram. But I make my tanks ready for Intermodell.”

On April 12 I asked him if he could help me out ordering some parts from a German company because they wouldn’t just ship them in an envelope to me in Canada but wanted too much for freight. He told me he had ordered the 10 pairs, I told him to let me know what I owed him and that was May 1st. I inquired if he got the parts May 16th, May 23rd asked if he had got my messages, May 24th asked if everything was alright? He got back to me “on holidays in Netherlands for 8 days.” O.K. I didn’t bother him the rest of May, he sent me pics of his daughter’s wedding June 16th which I commented on the lovely bride. June 27th I inquired about the Firefly screens he was going to get for me and that I thought he would have sent them to me by now. I began to notice that as soon as I logged onto Facebook he would log off. I would wave at him and get no response. July 12 asked if he got my message. By now of course I was getting pretty frustrated and at the end of the week I blew up a bit and said this is ridiculous that every time I try to contact you, you go offline. If there is an issue or you are busy and don’t have time, or just want me to go away please let me know is better than just ignoring me. A week later I apologized and said you must have a reason to suddenly stop talking to me. And since then same thing, as soon as I come on he leaves. I have tried message, waving, etc…

I mean I totally understand if he got in over his head building for himself and other and he just can’t get around to doing one for me or even if he feels he want to be paid now that wouldn’t be a problem but there is no communication. Did I push too hard? I didn’t think so based on the progress he was telling me. Now I see him cranking out new models the last month. I’m out about $500 bucks so hoping someone can maybe talk to him in his native tongue and let me know what’s going on…
Just want to make everyone aware of this gentleman. don't make the same mistake I did!

Dean
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Re: Andrea Vallee

Post by Guido Henn »

Hello Dean,

I know this person, and also many people who had problems with him.

He is one of the bad people in our hobby. :thumbdown:

I hope you will get what you paid for, but I do not think there is a solution in the area.

regards,Guido
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

If you would just like to send me all your bank account details and cards with passwords together with your life savings any sign over to me your deeds to any assets you have l will, some time before 2030, build you a 1/35 Sherman static model. Trust me. I'm not a doctor.

Sorry mate, sounds like you've be spammed. I really do hope you learn from this unfortunate experience. At least this apparent criminal is into a good hobby (in this case, yours!) Can anyone suggest a way he can be brought to justice?

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I don’t usually inject my opinion on issues but I think thieves have an especially hot spot in hell waiting for them.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Sorry to hear Dean.

Short of someone who lives near him or knows him asking him to cough up, I don’t think you’ll get it back.

I helped Stian out early last year when someone fobbed him off over a radio and tk60. The power of Facebook and calling him out eventually made him pay up and I collected the electrics and posted it back to him.

Was he buidling a Stuart tank on FB?
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

I'm just shocked that for someone so well known would think he can just get away with this. I know I'm shit out of luck but I just want to make sure everyone in our little world knows about this person. and he is a regular at meets and events in Germany so somewhere along the line I hope some of my German friends shame him for this type of behavior. He has deactivated his Facebook account for now but I can tell this guy like to show off his builds so he will be back. Yes, he was the one building a Stuart.

And of course you never know when a knock at the door may come... @)
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Dean this is so unfortunate. Amazing to what extent some people will go to to try and get one over on someone. Hope this all works out for you. I wonder how many other people have been unwillingly involved in this characters game...

Hopefully the word is out and no more good people will be taken advantage of by this snake oil salesman
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Usually countries have government agencies where you can report international across boarders crime. Then they contact the local authorities of the criminal. Usually done with western friendly countries.
Sadly I couldn't seem to find one for Canada.
Found one for the US, and lol, that one is shut down due to lack of government funds.

I'm now wondering if there is a German one that can be contacted from outside their country.

I'm sorry to hear this sad tale Dean.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

General Jumbo01 wrote:If you would just like to send me all your bank account details and cards with passwords together with your life savings any sign over to me your deeds to any assets you have l will, some time before 2030, build you a 1/35 Sherman static model. Trust me. I'm not a doctor.

Sorry mate, sounds like you've be spammed. I really do hope you learn from this unfortunate experience. At least this apparent criminal is into a good hobby (in this case, yours!) Can anyone suggest a way he can be brought to justice?

Scammed?
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Looks that way!

Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Discussion”