Tiger 1 mish mash

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Peter W
Recruit

Tiger 1 mish mash

Post by Peter W »

Greetings chaps. I have been upgrading my Heng Long Tiger 1. I have had it for a few years and after running it stock for a while the plastic tracks and gear boxes as well as some of the decorative bits had all broken to varying degrees. My modelling isn't a rivet counting exercise. I enjoy the building element and to be fair they will only get run around the garden. I decided to re- build it as an interpretation of a midish production version. Using Dave and the excellent service at Forgebear my Minor !..... Alterations include Taigen lower hull, gear boxes, late metal tracks, early metal wheels, the wrong sprockets, me being an idiot there, Taigen electrics as well as all the decorative bits late cupola, hanging tracks and another mistake, rubber zimmerit.

I do however have a question. The electrics side of things are not my strong point but I have bought the bosch centre headlight and I was wondering if someone could help tell me how to wire it into the system ?

I will hopefully add pics when I have worked out how.

Peter
HL/Taigen Tiger 1 mish mash in progress
HL Super Pershing in progress
HL M4A3 105mm
Ludwig Comet
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Tiger 1 mish mash

Post by c.rainford73 »

If you have the time take the upper hull off, I assume it has the dual headlights? Disconnect the two leads to each set of existing lights and find your negative and positive and wire correctly to the new headlight. Some led lights are very sensitive to voltage so make sure the light does or doesn't need a resistor inline. Some lights come with the resistor built into the lead.

Most stock electronics should feed the existing headlights with minimal power as to prevent damage. Do not pay attention to wire colors use your meter to test to make sure. If your polarity is reversed the light won't turn on. Someone on here may have an easier explanation but this works for me.

Hope this helps :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

There should be some diagrams on the forum also for your use. I just use the method I explained above. :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Peter W
Recruit

Post by Peter W »

Perfect thank you

Peter
HL/Taigen Tiger 1 mish mash in progress
HL Super Pershing in progress
HL M4A3 105mm
Ludwig Comet

Return to “General Discussion”