Taigen JS2

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Taigen JS2

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Thanks mate, new glasses and a brighter light then! I'll try to leave you in peace now :)

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

no worries good luck
:wave:
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Great review Tom and video posted. I must say I cant wait to get my hands on it when it finally arrives. The sound is very good, the only dissatisfying thing about it is the colour of the wheels could have been better. Apart from that cant wait. I hope they have sorted out that when using your own transmitter the machine gun doesn't work , like on the V3 I vot in my T34/85.
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
General Jumbo01

If they arrived exactly how you wanted them there would be nothing to do! Where's the fun in that ;)

So far l have tidied up some of the white overspray, correctly coloured and positioned the tow cable, painted the unfinished tree saw but still have to give the model a coat of clear flat to reduce the shining show room finish! Whilst talking about the paint, can you suggest Dave that they use a good metal primer as their thick green paint is prone to chipping around hinges etc. Easy to touch up though.

Control of the model is very good and smooth. The sounds of the turret rotating and gun elevation are convincing yet continue a tad after the movement stops and I'm a little surprised the barrel up/down simply cycles like the pre v5.3 Heng Longs.

The cable set supplied to enable a 'standard' transmitter / receiver combo to be fitted is a plus and appears easy to switch but l may wait until someone figures out how to activate the machine guns.

At first l felt the hull was sitting a little high and would need a little ride height adjustment but it appears to be settling down a bit on its own so l won't rush that job. I had to do the same to my T34 and KV1 so it must be a Russian thing!

Overall impression? I feel its good value at Dave and Julie's price. The easy access to the internals, the much improved sounds, the metal transmission and the ability to use a hobby radio system are all big upgrades for a modest price increase and, best of all, it's a JS-2!! And yes, it was worth the wait ;)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Word is that no Taigen V3 system in use with any other transmitter will enable the MG fire sound. Im certain they will sort it out.
no reason as to why, but its on the IMEX site as the case , so thats all there is to say about that !

This JS2 seems to be really close to the same as Tamiya offer for detail and functionality, at a third of the price & for all intents & purposes runs as good.
Of course time will tell, but the rest of the Taigen fleet are very reliable & user friendly, so why not this one ?
Best of all. parts are common as dog poop to get hold of, at least for the hardware bits that is.
Im sure the plastic bits will soon follow.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
General Jumbo01

Just remembered! As Tom.says, the front light lens is indeed a nicely detailed clear plastic lens. I'm not sure if it unclips or not but if you have a small brush and steady hand the rim of the lens should be the same green as the rest of the tank. It's a small point but the improvement in appearance is significant.

Also, the 432 number which appears on the front plate in most photographs is included in the detail box and applies with no need to Matt down. Photos of the real thing sat in downtown Berlin do show it with a antenna but l have read that the top turret 50mm gun didn't appear on the JS-2 until after the war. If anyone knows otherwise please correct me and let me know who makes these in 1/16 scale1
General Jumbo01

You said it first....LIKE the Tamiya example? When l sit mine next to a Tamiya advert or JS-2 box lid I'm sure Tamiya used the new Taigen JS-2 for their photographic model :lolno: But who cares? I've just got one for a fraction of the Tamiya price :)
Dusty Steppes
Private

Post by Dusty Steppes »

On all the Taigen tanks I have the suspension and tracks loosen up after they are run in. Are the idlers adjustable?
General Jumbo01

I've not popped the idlers off yet to see what's available. I'd hope there will be an off centre hub that can be turned, if not better. However, its not just track tension but ride height that may need lowering and, when done, the track will slacken automatically. The spares pack includes track pieces too.

For info, the detailing items attached to the hull can be removed by slipping a thin blade behind them and gently prising them off. This will probably void your warranty but its far easier to paint them when off the shell.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I've still not had a chance to check if there's a track tensioner. But I've spoke to henntec and there will hopefully be a js-2 one for the taigen

Return to “General Discussion”