Planning to get Tanked up at Christmas?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Planning to get Tanked up at Christmas?

Post by c.rainford73 »

Lee it appears for the time you did ride you went above and beyond and enjoyed it to the fullest extent. Maybe a kinder gentler bike in the future for easy Sunday cruises
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Yes Carl this was one of my previous hobbies :D this was taken about 7 years ago at Mallory park circuit in Leicestershire :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Oh wow, get you you dark horse :thumbup:

I used to race on the roads, only doing the speed limits, honestly ;)

I used to work for a bloke called Griff Jenkins, who won the Manx GP in 1964. Sadly lost touch, sadly probably not still alive now. And a few of my friends did production racing back in the day of the Yamaha LC bikes, I still regret never joining them in their adventures :(
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

I'm happier with the slower pace of our tanks now Carl :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Head down ar#e up Mick :D :D I rode bikes for quite a few years on the roads before turning to the tracks, very exhilarating 8)

Cheers, Lee.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I agree. Now we can safely rumble about....
Tanks alot.... :wave:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Here's my last road bike, being prepared for moth balling. Its a 600 Supersport, far from road legal but l could never sell her, it's a part of me. Sad aren't we!

How did we drift on to this? It must be something to do with loving engineering, any scale. My first car was a 12 month old Capri 3 ltr which l promptly started cutting up to convert it into a Group 2 ETCC Cologne racer. In the 70s they weren't track days but open circuit practice days and that Capri ran just about every major circuit in the UK and made several magazine covers. Sadly it was destroyed in a factory fire in the 90s - irreplaceable and still missed.

Never owned a full size tank though ;)Image

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Very nice General :thumbup: I do like the Honda cbr's, I've had 3 of them over the years :D

Cheers, Lee.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Planning to get Tanked up atFags, booze, gambling Christ

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
General Jumbo01 wrote:Fags, booze, gambling, knitting, women and drugs.... done them all. Everything in moderation l say, but l draw a line at tea. Tea should be strong, black and unlimited. Its the drink of a real tanker and the addiction of a real addict. Tanks - no problem 8) 12 sugars please:
You sound like me lol.except the tea, yes, I like it strong, but has to have some milk and just one sugar please. . . .

Oh, and I've got it down to just two on your list. . . . Mind you, substitute knitting with fast bikes, then we would be alike ;)
;) In the past, my motto was more like "Everything in moderation..except excess". It still is in some respects :haha: I see life as a series of fairground rides. When you get past the wariness, even the fear (and the prospect of looking weak or chicken) on some of the rides; as well as the occasional buzz..... you come eventually to the terrifying roller- coaster, then, just when you're beginning to enjoy it..... finally, you see the Ghost Ride in sight: the next ride. 8O :haha:
So, it's OK to splash out on a tank in my view. (But not in a weird way :O :haha: )
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Beautiful looking bike, Lee!. I used to ride an old police R80RT. It was heavy and clunky, but offered quite a bit of protection when being sideswiped by "I-didn't-see-you' motorists. Twice it saved my left leg.
Anyway, whilst looking out for Tank and Armour related novelties, I chanced upon this:
Roger the Pensioner.
Roger the Pensioner.
There should really be a comma after 'Roger", otherwise it hints a tad at gerontophilia 8O . Still, since it's a spoof manual, maybe that's what Haynes intended. In any event, there are a few senior citizens on the forum possibly needing a 250,000 mile service! :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Sounds like you had a few lucky escapes Roy 8O biking can be a very hazardous hobby, the front cover of that Haynes manual looks a far more gentile pastime :D I've got a good few years to reach pension age yet and the way it keeps rising I'll be working until I'm 80 :haha:

Cheers, Lee.

Return to “General Discussion”