Squadron putty

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Squadron putty

Post by jarndice »

Further to your timely warning I would like to add Beware of "RC Tank Modelling", It can cause Bankruptcy, Broken relationships, Hoarding, an insane desire to aquire the latest and usually the most expensive Tank or upgrade and an urge not easily controlled to display both Photographic and video images of ones recent endeavour's.
At this time of year beware the temptation of spending the Christmas Bonus from a grateful employer or the DWP on further expanding the contents of your warehouse :haha:
Last edited by jarndice on Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I've been using it for years, along with everything under the kitchen sink, no sign of any adverse health effects yet. Smells quite nice I reckon. Considering that they must have sold millions of tubes of the stuff you would have thought that there would be some sign of evidence to back up the health warning by now?? :wtf:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Wardog wrote:not allowed to use garden creosote,people used it for years,what you use now is not the same
Well, actually that's not entirely true, as with a lot of traditional chemically harmful products, it's just not widely available, the likes of any DIY stores can't sell it, like they can't sell proper stain blockers or proper aluminium primer. One can only purchase these products from trade outlets.
Traditional coal tar creosote can still be purchased, but only in 20 litre drums.

As I still use trade outlets, I still purchase these products, and they haven't effected my mental state. . . . where am I? Who are you? What am I doing here???
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Squadron is great stuff. I use it on all my builds. Does adhere to the skin quite well
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Wardog wrote:Two doors away,guy had railway sleepers Putin,about six weeks later all replaced with all new timber.
Because of the risk to a child health.something to do with the treatment.

Back to the tank stuff I'm going to use squadron on the turret,to give it the cast effect.
Not using my tongue.
And talking timber i have a lot of animal log rolls,wide as a tank and you bend to shape.fun to drive the tanks over.

Wardog :wave:
When I was a child, the summer xamp I attended acquired an old telephone pole. Us campers started carving it into a totem pole. About halfway through the summer, the camp staff found out about the dangers of creosote, and the project was canceled.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:I still purchase these products, and they haven't effected my mental state. . . .
I'm not sure it counts if you were crazy to start with. @) :haha: :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Discussion”