Ural 4320 KUNG

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Ural 4320 KUNG

Post by panzerschreck »

Hi Chaps :wave:

Along with my mahoosive !!! 1/12 HEMTT 8x8 truck (early Xmas prezzie to self No. 1) I also saw, fell in love with, and then bought a Heng Long Ural 4320 6x6 truck with KUNG body.

Okay, I should know by now Ebay is a slippery slope, but hey.... ;D

Anyhoo, for what it is (thinking handy for those inside model shows) I am happy - nice bit of detail (all the doors work), and the battery tucks away nicely under the bonnet - practical as always.

Granted, not in the same class as the 1/12 HEMTT 8x8, but that`s not why I bought it - only example I have seen, and it makes an interesting static model to boot, plus it means I now have a Russian vehicle in my R/C collection.

As they say, roll on Xmas and watch this space.... :thumbup:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Ural 4320 KUNG

Post by Max-U52 »

That's a pretty cool truck. This guy did a video of it that ain't bad

phpBB [video]

I just got the WPL Ural Comm truck (I ordered RTR but got the kit) so that's one more project in the works. Did yours come with the super soft tires? I'm still not sure if I like them. Right now they're on the C 24 and they seem to be OK. It's the tread pattern I'm not cool with, it doesn't look military, if that makes any sense. :/
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Mine arrived yesterday in what appears to be the normal packaging, so tight that the tyres have distorted. A hot water soak seems to have worked though (just the tyres!).

The radio kit, esc and steering servo all seem to work well. The suspension is a bit lively so a set of shocks will be added. Following a quick test, the dismantling started for the respray and detailing.

One remaining issue is the noise produced by the truck - both electrical and mechanical. The transmission will be greased but l suspect the electrical whine may be fixed only by a new esc? So far though, very pleased for £40!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

Yeah, mine has the super soft tyres.

As I`m not going to be really abusing mine in the great outdoors (that`s what the 1/12 HEMTT 8x8 is for), I will be running her straight from the box, so to speak ;)

Video looks good :thumbup:
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

Hi Chaps :wave:

Happy New Year to all :clap:

Have given the Ural a good few runs, and for what it is, I can`t really knock it.

The suspension is very effective, with more than enough travel ;D

Also, the more I look at the truck on the shelf, the more I like the detail.

So, all in all, I am a happy tread head :D :D
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Hello Mr Happy Tread Head ;)

Good for you, that's the whole point, you the owner must be the happy one :thumbup:

And thank you. Happy New Year to you too :wave:

Mick.
You originally posted in the wrong thread :haha: :haha: and that was what I replied lol

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

Ah so 8| !!! !!!

That`s where my other post went :thumbup:

Return to “General Discussion”