Upgrading HL Tiger electricals

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Cliffrose
Recruit

Upgrading HL Tiger electricals

Post by Cliffrose »

Hi guys
If I was to upgrade my 27 MHz to 2.4 gig with a new transmitter what would I need?
How many channels on the tx?
What interface between old RX18 and new Rx
What’s the best type of Transmitter?
Many Thanks
RenoirLV
Corporal

Re: Upgrading HL Tiger electricals

Post by RenoirLV »

You can go the easy way and find the latest henglong set. There were some offers on eBay for pretty low prices. The latest set is very good. Comes with better sound and you can move the barrel up and down instead of cycling through as in the previous versions. I believe it is a budget upgrade.

A non-budget upgrade is another topic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I have no hesitation in recommending the FlySky i6 range of transmitters/receivers which up to 10 channels and lots of function at crazy cheap prices but you would then need to go down the hobby standard route for control cards, not a bad thing? You could easily produce with escs and servos all the functions of a tank but may struggle with suitable synchronised sounds, something the dedicated cards do.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

I use flysky myself. 6 channels seems ok for a Tiger 1. But the card is the expensive bit here. There is no way to hook it up to the RX unit.

Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Cliffrose
Recruit

Post by Cliffrose »

Thanks guys
I have just replaced the 27mhz Mfu with a 2.4gig unit. I have struggled with the pin configuration that u find on the net, it is not correct with the new 8 pin new socket I installed.
I have gotworking- forward back left right,machine guns on hull and turret,elevation up/down and smoke off/on.Sound is better with the new Mfu.
I just need to workout how to get the firing/air soft with the recoil to working.
I think I read on the net that u can't up grade to the new Mfu well nearly there guys, anybody got any ideas?
Cheers Cliff the newbie
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

The new RX needs rewiring turret controls. I’m almost there myself but I can’t get the air soft to work. Then again the airsoft unit isn’t very reliable. It might have stopped working before the upgrade. It did so on my other Tiger.
I’m sure there’s a way to test whether it works at all.

Plus I lost the lights and the machine gun LED.

Started as a tank man.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Cliffrose
Recruit

Post by Cliffrose »

Hi buddy
Just finished my 2.4 gig up grade and it all works.
The only re wiring u need to do is disconnect all the wiring from the airsoft unit and put two wires from the airsoft unit to the 8 pin skt.
This once u know what the connections are should only take 30 mins to complete
Cliff

Return to “General Discussion”