TOTM October competition

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!

Postby c.rainford73 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:45 am

Don't forget to check out and enter this month's competition.

viewtopic.php?f=203&t=26197

Thank you :wave:
c.rainford73
Captain

Postby c.rainford73 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Friendly reminder that you have until the 8th to enter this month's competition.
c.rainford73
Captain

Postby c.rainford73 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:13 am

Polls are open please stop by and check out this month's competition and make your vote count :clap:

viewtopic.php?f=203&t=26197
c.rainford73
Captain

Postby HERMAN BIX » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:14 pm

Folks

After a long and successful stint in charge of running TOTM, Mr Rainford has tendered his reluctant resignation.
Commitments outside the hobby have encroached and he has asked to seek another willing volunteer.

It is with this in mind that I throw the challenge out to the membership to chuck your hats in the ring & step up to a level of responsibility.
Pay is lousy, hours are long, you get the drift !!!!!

I would like to thank Mr Rainford, and for that matter his family, for his conduct & support in taking care of this section for the benefit of us all. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :wave:

Be in folks, its your club/forum.............step up to help out. ;)

P.M. myself or any of the mod team with your proverbial hand up and we can go from there.

Cheers

H
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby PainlessWolf » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:42 pm

Carl!
Thank you again for your Steady Hand on the monthly Competition. I hope that everything resolves itself quickly on the home front.
regards,
Painless
PainlessWolf
Major

Postby silversurfer1947 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:37 pm

I too would like to express my sincere thanks to Carl for the excellent job he has done with the competition, stimulating enthusiasm and persuading people to enter..
silversurfer1947
2nd Lieutenant

Postby c.rainford73 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:59 am

Thanks to all for the kind words and many thanks to the men who gave me the chance to be part of the team. :thumbup:
c.rainford73
Captain

Postby tomhugill » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:57 am

Thank you Carl for undertaking what can at times be a thankless task, making TOTM something to look forward to each month!

tomhugill
Captain

Postby wibblywobbly » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:53 pm

I think we can say that Carl is owed a debt of gratitude for his role, he put the TOTM on a stable footing, and wasn't afraid to try a few new ideas to make it work for the forum. In case anyone is thinking of looking after it, you can be assured that the whole shooting match is quite independent of the mods role, it will be your baby and you will be free to run it/change it, seek out suggestions to improve it etc, as you see fit. You can leave the set-up as it is if you wish (eg if it isn't broken don't fix it).

Don't be afraid to step up and put your name forward, you even get your name in a different colour! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Postby c.rainford73 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:16 pm

Many thanks for the kind words. It really is an interesting experience and it gives members a unique opportunity to become part of the team and interact with others you may have never talked to before. I was just a bit worried it wouldn't work out for me when I first started, but it wasn't hard at all and the other Mods really helped out.

If anyone hasn't done so already please consider the chance to run the competition :thumbup:

And don't forget to vote in the final hours of this month's competition!
c.rainford73
Captain

Postby HERMAN BIX » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:52 am

Folks, if we dont get a volunteer for TOTM duties soon, the section will be dropped.
There are thousands of signed up members in here, with only a fraction posting, and even fewer willing to help look after the show.

Surely there is one person out there that is willing to step up & carry on the great work Mr Rainford has done.
Its your section to be operated & maintained your way-nothing is set in stone as long as the principle reason for it continues.

C'mon you jokers, be in :eh:
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby HERMAN BIX » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:48 pm

Folks, we have a willing :problem: :shifty: :think: volunteer !!!!

Mr Son Of a Gunner has chucked his hat in the ring & is enthusiastically taking on the TOTM admin role.
Well if hes not enthusiastic, he soon will be eh :haha:

Please give him some time to get things up to speed, hes new into the game & will need to find his way for a bit.

Once he is turned purple, he will be able to carry out the necessary support tasks, I'm sure he will chime in at some stage to give us direction on how things will proceed.

Thanks again to Mr Rainford for his last year, and to Mr Wolf & Mr Hugill before him to get this section established.
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby c.rainford73 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:57 am

I must agree, Mick is a fantastic choice and I will do my part to contribute and help as I can. I know from month to month we have so many members, but sometimes, very limited entrants and 30-40 votes.

My goal was to always improve this number and make more members enter. I am very confident that Mick will make strides and continue to grow this area of the forum. We have so many talented members and brilliant builds, so let's all make an effort to contribute and encourage our friends to vote.

Remember after all it's simply for fun, and everyone is welcome :clap:
c.rainford73
Captain

Postby Model Builder 4 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:36 am

Congratulations Mick on your new position :clap: looking forward to you out laying your plans for your first term in office :D should be a fun ride :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Model Builder 4
Staff Sergeant

Return to General Discussion