Heng Long 1/16 metal Tiger 1

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
SteelBird
Corporal

Heng Long 1/16 metal Tiger 1

Post by SteelBird »

Beyond the multi thousand dollar 1/8 Tiger 1 discussed in another thread, here's another masterpiece of Heng Long; the 1/16 all metal Tiger 1. The tank is claimed to be 80% made by CNC and equipped with a professional TK-6.1 board plus two types of closed gearboxes; a high speed and low speed for offroad. Asked price is about US$1,574.44

H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Heng Long 1/16 metal Tiger 1

Post by jarndice »

A fine example of the Toymakers skill but it is missing a lot of detail from the rear plate,
And I would have been more impressed if the Cupola was properly aligned,
I would like to know more about the Tank control board.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yeah I also looked at the cupola alignment !!
Sometimes its the little things in life :/
No tow hook on the rear, no jack retaining clamps, driver vision block a block,and the cupola incorrect.
Those details are not rivet counting, its basic smarts.
I bet the turret positioning is still wrong too, and I bet no track tensioning mechanism.
all the skill that goes into programming an NC machine to produce an otherwise quality item and they miss little things like that !

Looks a nice bit of engineering for sure, but again................that price ?................get the little things right as well as the big things.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

And no "C" clamps, No starting handle, No jack handle, no reflector and no convoy light,
We could spend all day doing this Herman BUT I would love to have it as a desk ornament.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

At that price I'd get Hooben's 1/10 Tiger. I've seen it more than a few times now at his factory here in Hangzhou. Granted, it has a few cosmetic issues that I'd fix but at least Feng doesn't bolt a nameplate on the right corner of the hull. That's just dumb not too mention a tad narcissistic like our current president. :crazy:
IMG_5088.jpg
IMG_5089.jpg
IMG_5090.jpg
IMG_8123.jpg
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The turret bin side angles ?

We may be seen as harsh critics mate, but just because its made of metal is no reason to make it wrong.
H/L make great entry level tanks, that can, with the right application of innovation & funds, be made into pretty good representations of the real thing.
But a unit thats over $1500USD which still has the same basic errors is a sign of a slow learner.
Its not what its made of...............its HOW its made that counts.

E.G. A Trumpeter 'anything' is going to look better than most others, but its made as a static.
A Tamiya is a balance of accuracy and functionality-but the price is blown out for what you get on some versions.
Taigen is in my very humble opinion, the best all round compromise.
This H/L all metal is a fantastic option, but still allows very basic errors to be manufactured into the product when all the learning should have been done on process.
Isn't that what an R & D department is for ?
Add the fact that all the errors are in metal, they are going to be harder to correct.

Would I be happy to own one ?.............yes.
Would I be happy to own one at over USD$1500 and still have to correct it other than paint ?..........no
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Herman I am loath to criticise you but one of your few failings is that you will always sit on the fence,
I do wish you would tell us what you really think :haha: :haha:
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

Regarding Herman's question, this tank indeed does have track tensioners. The tensioners are hidden inside the caps. You need to remove the cap to have access to it.

For Jarndice's question, the description says the TK-6.1 contains Lighting system, barrel stabilized system, power supply for cooling fan, power supply for wifi photo transfer, IR battling system, dual channel servo output, 8 channel LED output and more for hobbyist to upgrade.

The closed gearboxes which have ratio of 1/39 and 1/56 for upgrade. it's not standard in the package. I don't what gearbox that come with the tank. The price is double of Mato's all metal Tiger 1. Since it is made by CNC, I believe it is structurally stronger. I have no idea about the detail. Can you make side-by-side comparison on what's right and what's wrong?
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you for giving me a heads up on the control board, Will Heng Long make such a board available for the wider market do you know.
Making side by side comparisons would be unfair on Taigen, Torro, Tamiya or Heng Long Tanks because most of the points that were raised refer to aftermarket fittings that don't come as standard with the Tank BUT drilling into an ABS Tank Body to fit tools and tool clamps is one thing but drilling into a CNC Steel Tank Body is something else altogether and one that I will avoid,
Whenever a metal Hull is available I will buy it but not a metal body.
If I make a mistake on an ABS Body I can easily fill and paint and all is well but if I make a mistake with a metal body that is an expensive problem that is not easy to fix.
Having a static example on my desk is a conversation piece and an enhancement to the office but it really is not a practical R/C Tank and for that money I can buy 4 fully upgraded Tiger 1s from anyone except Tamiya although it would still buy almost 2 from that company.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
1500.00 US and I note that it does not have the small reflector or convoy light on it. Optional detail kit available? You really want it to look something like this when done and as Herman noted, for the money, it should have these things on it already.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Rear bulkhead.JPG
Rear Armor.JPG
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “General Discussion”