Oh dear 2 new wpl trucks ZIL 151

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Oh dear 2 new wpl trucks ZIL 151

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
Ordered the replacement axles ( whole with extra wheels and tires, etc ) just to have a few spares in case anything else went South on the running gear of my poor, abused truck. Wow! New trucks already!? Those 70's looking models look great with the full bodies. Thanks gain, Jumbo, for the heads up. I will look at those MFUs. I have one of the 80's looking GAZ WPL trucks that will be getting a Build as well. I was thinking the Clark board for it.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hi RS - how many channels?? You must have big hands;)

New software supported 'switches' are available where by allocating one of your channels to performing a dual function, similar to a sort of shift key in one direction and a ctrl key in the other, a 10 channel radio can perform 10-1(3)=27 channel functions. Sequencing soft switches can perform many more too, say 2 or more per channel with multiple sequences within each.

This combined with MFUs is an area I am currently investigating since so many new opportunities now exist. Any control system requiring more than, say, 8 channels is now working with old (actually existing) technology. That's not to say it doesn't work, its just not being economic in its use of electronics - or our fingers!

However, using more open MFU cards such as the ones you mention should be able to utilise the sort of smart interfaces I'm looking at. Anything is better than the closed, proprietary systems that come as standard.

Thanks for your tips.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Hi RS - how many channels?? You must have big hands;)

New software supported 'switches' are available where by allocating one of your channels to performing a dual function, similar to a sort of shift key in one direction and a ctrl key in the other, a 10 channel radio can perform 10-1(3)=27 channel functions. Sequencing soft switches can perform many more too, say 2 or more per channel with multiple sequences within each.

This combined with MFUs is an area I am currently investigating since so many new opportunities now exist. Any control system requiring more than, say, 8 channels is now working with old (actually existing) technology. That's not to say it doesn't work, its just not being economic in its use of electronics - or our fingers!

However, using more open MFU cards such as the ones you mention should be able to utilise the sort of smart interfaces I'm looking at. Anything is better than the closed, proprietary systems that come as standard.

Thanks for your tips.

Lol, Im not using a radio that big. Take a look to this old post I did some time ago: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=24954

All the positions I said, are real phisic positions, not doing the computer like "ctrl" system (which is clever too)
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Nice! Its great fun to play/experiment, especially when its all affordable.

Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Discussion”