Tamiya price hike

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Tamiya price hike

Post by silversurfer1947 »

As I understand it, it is not a price increase per se. What they are trying to do is stop retailers discounting from their recommended price.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Tamiya price hike

Post by HERMAN BIX »

silversurfer1947 wrote:As I understand it, it is not a price increase per se. What they are trying to do is stop retailers discounting from their recommended price.
Im still not getting why ?

If they wholesale a product to a retailer at the agreed price and that retailer then decides to reduce his sell price to the masses, surely thats sufficient for the big T to remain in the market, without needing to get heavy handed with those that push their products let alone those that buy them?
The reduced margin a retailer gets between the Tamiya wholesale price ex-works, and the retailers asking price should not be up for enforcement.
If retailers have efficient business practice, good customer service, cheaper location, or any other reason they can reduce the respective cost for the same product to their market, the payment to Tamiya will not change.
To me its more about protecting those that are struggling to compete in this E-world with the various commercial practices, and that is just not on.

I do not buy Tamiya just because the cost is unjustifiable for what it is- a plastic model tank, often unchanged in fundamental design for decades................and this carry on of price fixing reinforces my resentment out of principle.
I will go H/L, torro or Taigen before tamiya just out of that principle.........

No one likes a Monopoly...............and a price fixing one rates even less. :-< :thumbdown:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “General Discussion”