One of Our Own Needs a Hand

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: One of Our Own Needs a Hand

Post by jackalope »

Hey guys as Gary said I went to the hobby shop to get the receiver for my TRX4 replaced under warranty due to it just crapping out for no reason. I thought it was going to cost me $40 but the one manager gave it to me and took the fried one, just swapped it out! Then she told me if I had anymore problems they'd take care of them too for up to a year after my purchase of the truck! Even though I've several modified the truck the electronics are all covered by my friendly neighborhood Hobby Works store! This is where I've bought my Taigen tanks from and R/C toys for years and years! Sure I could have ordered stuff and saved between $50-$100 at times but this level of customer service just can't be matched IMHO! Sure guys like Ian, or Dave will but not very many others would! To me the extra money they charge is money well spent to keep their stores open.

Anyway I've been cleared to drive and to start going out and returning to normal activities slowly. So next week if I'm able to do much walking it'll be back to the park with my truck! I'll do my best to get videos up for you guys.

Thank you again for everyones help during this tough time. Cancer killed my dad and has touched most of my family members so hearing I had it was real scary. The surgery went well, I'm getting better everyday little by little. I'm told my recovery rate is 97% because the kidney contained the cancer completely with no signs of it elsewhere. I still have years of follow up stuff to go through and will only be called a survivor after 5 years!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Great to hear everything went well Terry, wishing you a speedy recovery bud :thumbup:

All the best, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Post by Afrikakorps »

Good news Mr Jackalope, wishing you a full and speedy recovery. :thumbup:
Cheers
AK
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1
M3 Lee
Ferdinand / Elephant
M16 Half-track
Panther G
M4a1 (75mm)
M41 Walker Bulldog
JS-2
M4a3e8 (76mm)
Japanese Type94
FT-17
Tiger 1
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Excellent news Terry, I'm glad things have gone as well as they have. Rest up, drive your truck (and tanks!) around and get well soon.

Return to “General Discussion”