One of Our Own Needs a Hand

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: One of Our Own Needs a Hand

Post by Max-U52 »

I'll second that. Best of luck to you today Terry, we all hope everything works out just perfect.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Maccrage wrote:Prayers out brother. I've been going through some bad right now too. Lost literally my whole family in the last month. Just temporarily for dad and my son, but mom died and wife almost died and is in the hospital. Stay strong.
Oh wow. I feel really bad to have missed this.

Mr Maccrage, I am so sorry for your losses. I do hope your wife is doing well. And you pull through this terrible time.

Mick.
Physically, she's ok, mentally, no. Currently suffering a severe manic episode, and is refusing to medicate. Thinks I'm trying to kill her.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi are they by any chance giving her morphine or one of the derivatives? Reason for asking is that my wife was given morphine once whilst being treated for acute pancreatitis and it gave her very bad side effects including halucinations, delusions and paranoia, these included being attacked by bees, snakes, and other nasties. This was only solved by coming off morphine completely.

Hope everyone recovers and your situation improves.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

AlwynTurner wrote:Hi are they by any chance giving her morphine or one of the derivatives? Reason for asking is that my wife was given morphine once whilst being treated for acute pancreatitis and it gave her very bad side effects including halucinations, delusions and paranoia, these included being attacked by bees, snakes, and other nasties. This was only solved by coming off morphine completely.

Hope everyone recovers and your situation improves.

Alwyn
It's bi-polar, complicated by pregnancy and brain damage due to encephalitis last November.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Wow Maccrage, that's a hard combination to cope with. My eldest daughter contracted encephalitis on holiday in Egypt and was very ill, and suffered a number of serious deficits from it. Recovery took over 5 years and she still has occasional problems as a result. The worst was short term memory problems which eventually were resolved but its a hard and traumatic time for all concerned. She did recover, got a first at university, and is now a manager of a care home for learning difficulties adults so recovery is possible but requires much patience and understanding. Hang in there and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Thanks. It got bad today. They now think schizophrenia.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I've been in touch with Terry and the surgery went well. It had developed to Stage 2 because of the size but was all contained within the kidney and when they removed the kidney that got all of the cancer. He's still in the hospital and still in a considerable amount of pain, but he's on the downhill slope now and they say he'll be back to work in June.

On a personal note, I just want you guys to know that I think it's really, really great the way you all came together to support Terry in this ordeal, and the contributions you guys made will help him and his family beyond belief. So thanks again to everyone that posted here or contributed some funding, you guys really are the best.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Awesome news!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
This is great news! Hopefully we will see him up and around here again, soon. Thank you for the heads up on his condition, sir.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

He felt well enough to make a trip to the Hobby Shop to get his little truck running again, so I would say that things are looking up.

Return to “General Discussion”