Heng long truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Heng long truck

Post by Woz »

angel gonzalez wrote:tHats not a "heng long truck" , it only a cheap toy, rebranded ad with nice photos. What a quality drop they have made from the T90. They should be ashamed. It doesnt even have windscreens, nor a driver.
https://www.banggood.com/WPL-WPLB-1-116 ... 61201309XD

HL's tanks started off as toys but the more they sold the better they got.

If they sell a lot of toy trucks then they may improve. If they don't sell well then they won't make any others.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

New Bright no doubt!
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

angel gonzalez wrote:tHats not a "heng long truck" , it only a cheap toy, rebranded ad with nice photos. What a quality drop they have made from the T90. They should be ashamed. It doesnt even have windscreens, nor a driver.

Well, $300 tank vs $35 truck. I can put windshields and a driver in... :D
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Juan, what companies it from? Do do have a link to the original?
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

There available on ebay
From HK ....

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

We'll see how long it takes to get here.

Have we seen this photo showing the controller yet?

I'll bet this truck is a lot like a Temper Crawler.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Afternoon all,

With the arrival of this truck in a couple of months I bet a lot of thought has gone into the possible conversions for it, as mentioned in another post the tyres are one item that I'd like to change, is there a way of moulding and reproducing these off another 1/16 vehicle ? ie the torro halftrack wheels and tyres, I have searched for similar ones to these in this scale but unfortunately I couldn't find any Image I'm sure if there was a way to reproduce these there would be quite a bit of interest in them, what do others think, below are a couple of pics of the wheels that I'd like to get Image

ImageImage

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yes, the tires from a Toro half-track would be just about perfect. I believe Asiatam sells tires and rims but I'm not sure if they're suitable for Allied vehicles.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Max, I have a Torro halftrack and that's where I got the idea for the wheels for the conversions, I can't find the same type in our scale anywhere and torro doesn't supply them as spares :thumbdown:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I think I know a guy who might be able to find out where Toro gets the tires from. Let me look into it for a day or two and I'll get back with you.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”