Heng long truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Heng long truck

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Those esc work great Max and as Michael said the brake version is ideal for these trucks, this is the same one I've put in mine and it runs the sound emulator, mini servo and lights just fine, I've also just put a 2s lipo in there as well :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Well I'm back from my travels and can't leave you guys to have all the fun!!!! ;D ;D

I've just ordered a truck from forgebear to build an AEC Matador (hopefully). My last attempt at this used a cheap toy car 2wd as a base and wasn't to proper scale, and this was before the advent of my 3d printer so this time I'm hoping to do a more accurate and useable model. :crazy: :haha:

Best regards to all after my jaunt in the sun
Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Wait just a cotton picking minute, He swans off without so much as a by your leave and he comes in flaunting his tan as though nothing had happened, :haha:
Welcome back Alwyn glad that you and yours have managed to fit in an Autumn break. :{
I was thinking as I trawled through the Truck modifications how upto quite recently we would swoon over Tamiyas latest £1.000 bargain :lolno: and now here we all are unable to get enough of a $28--£40 take your pick toy lorry,
Truly you have returned to a madhouse. :crazy:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Good to see you back Alwyn, and as you say, the HL chassis is a great base for 1/16 trucks. By comparison I am printing a 1/10 monster truck that I downloaded off Thingiverse. It is going to take a long while to print all of the parts, and then I have to buy the motor, wheels, tyres, esc and all of the screws, nuts and bolts. It will cost me more than an HL truck?

I am doing it to see if it all works, if it does it might inspire me to do one from scratch.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hmmm, I wonder if the mechanicals would be good enough for one of these???????

I had one of these as a corgi toy with a tank, I think it was a centurion.

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Are you sure it was not a Dinky Toy? I had the Antar Tank Transporter and Centurion Dinky Toys.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Yep Richard, you are right it was a dinky toy. :{
Just checked and the HL truck track width would be much too narrow.... Damn!!

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

What a shame. One of those would be really impressive. The real thing must have made a lovely noise being powered by a cut down Meteor engine.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Yes Richard the Antar Tank Transporter was a Dinky with a Centurion on the Trailer,
The RASC ran the real thing out of Retford in the UK, I think it was 19 Squadron. they also were in Germany with I think 21 Squadron RASC But I could be quite wrong.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Someone asked me to do a Bedford MK truck to fit on the HL base, I got most of the cab done, but the radiator surround has curves that despite my best efforts I can't get right. I may have to tell him that I can do a supporting structure for it and he will have to mould it with milliput.
Attachments
Bedford.png
Bedford.png (9.28 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”