• Advertisement
Ludwigs

Heng feng jagd tiger

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:20 pm

I've recently acquired this curious beasty, and as the title says, it's a heng feng, and as you can see, it's requiring a bit of love and attention, but is a must do project, especially as it has nine sets of wheels.

I know it's a heng long rip off, not sure if the very first heng longs had this type of gearbox.

It's a b b shooter, and has a curious moving periscope where the b b's travel to the barrel inside.

So, any helpful knowledge about this object would be greatly received.

Oh, and I believe heng long tracks will fit, unless anyone knows different, but then again, can easily change the sprockets etc.

Thanks.

Mick.

Son of a gun-ner
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby c.rainford73 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Mick I believe the Heng Feng Matorro is the original albeit incorrect version with the irregular sloping sides of the fighting compartment. I believe Mr Herman Bix converted one of these to museum quality and he modified the hull sides and corrected the length. The gearboxes can be used I'd upgrade them to Heng Long Taigen parts. My sturmtiger I sold was a heng Feng Matorrro.

Have fun

And remember

Heng Feng my friend

Heng Feng
c.rainford73
Lieutenant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:35 pm

Thank you Carl, that'll account for the Matorrro type hand controller. And those gear boxes.

And thank you, I'll look out for Mr Bix's thread.

Ok, ok, got you, heng feng, heng feng lol.

Mick.
Son of a gun-ner

Postby capt midnight » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:53 pm

Nice find, Mick. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Bill
capt midnight
Corporal

Postby MichaelC » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:47 am

Mick, the Matorro KT/JT sprockets and tracks are not compatible with Heng Long's. However, The Matorro track is of much better quality than Heng Long's, and I think they also come in "pre-seasoned".
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:29 am

MichaelC wrote:Mick, the Matorro KT/JT sprockets and tracks are not compatible with Heng Long's. However, The Matorro track is of much better quality than Heng Long's, and I think they also come in "pre-seasoned".

Thanks Michael. I'm guessing Matorro is the same as Mato?
And now you've really got me, what's "pre-seasoned" track???

Thanks Bill. Thought I'd post it here to find out more about it to help me decide what to do. I don't like the way the hulls fit together at the front.

And thanks again Carl, I went to bed with Mr Bix. . . . Quite an interesting read LOL

Mick.
Son of a gun-ner

Postby jackalope » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:45 am

WHOE WHOE WHOE!!! You went to bed with Herman? What the hell is going on here? :wtf: 8O
jackalope
Lieutenant

Postby c.rainford73 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:39 pm

jackalope wrote:WHOE WHOE WHOE!!! You went to bed with Herman? What the hell is going on here? :wtf: 8O
Good times I'm sorry to say
c.rainford73
Lieutenant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:07 pm

jackalope wrote:WHOE WHOE WHOE!!! You went to bed with Herman? What the hell is going on here? :wtf: 8O

:haha: you were there too, but don't worry Jack, I fell asleep half way through. . . . Think it was when you were apologising profusely for being a let down. . . . Something about not giving full tension. . . .

:haha: :haha:

Mick.
Son of a gun-ner

Postby MichaelC » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:12 pm

Mick,just a little play on word. It is weathered already from the factory with a slight rusty tone to it. It is also made out of much thicker and better quality plastic and track pins. I think Matorro ended up being Torro, but could be the split between Mato and Torro perhaps ?

MichaelC.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Spartan tracks » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:22 pm

My Mattoro Jagdtiger and Kingtiger as new.

Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:31 pm

MichaelC wrote:Mick,just a little play on word. It is weathered already from the factory with a slight rusty tone to it. It is also made out of much thicker and better quality plastic and track pins. I think Matorro ended up being Torro, but could be the split between Mato and Torro perhaps ?

MichaelC.

Oh, got you. Thanks Michael :thumbup:

Awesome Mr Tracks, thanks for those pictures :thumbup:

Mick.
Son of a gun-ner

Postby c.rainford73 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:42 pm

So I dug up my old Matorro sturmtiger instructions sheet from way back when and it shows a great list of what they had available at the time...

Check this out.

Not sure of the name on top of the book "Amewi"

Looks like a cross between Heng Long/Taigen Matorro???? Included the obligatory bb Waring photos

Who has come across the t-72? I have seen a company called Dagostini with one. Are they the same too?

Not trying to derail your thread Mick just happened to remind me of my Matorro sturmtiger.

Mick this is like a full scale investigation now ImageImageImageImage
c.rainford73
Lieutenant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:02 pm

No, all cool thanks Carl :thumbup: This is just what this thread is all about. I wanted to find out all I could about this jagd tiger and it's history, I know nothing about the history of rc tanks.

Mick.
Son of a gun-ner

Postby MichaelC » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:03 pm

Carl, the T-72 is a mis-labelled. It is the Chinese ZTZ-99 which is one of the early Heng Long product. This definitely a mix of Matorro and Heng Long, as Heng Long didn't have the Henschel turret until recently (only Matorro and Torro before then), and they still don't have the StrumTiger (Only Taigen and Torro).

Maybe Amewi is a re-seller.........

MichaelC.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Postby c.rainford73 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:12 pm

MichaelC wrote:Carl, the T-72 is a mis-labelled. It is the Chinese ZTZ-99 which is one of the early Heng Long product. This definitely a mix of Matorro and Heng Long, as Heng Long didn't have the Henschel turret until recently (only Matorro and Torro before then), and they still don't have the StrumTiger (Only Taigen and Torro).

Maybe Amewi is a re-seller.........

MichaelC.
Yes I see that now I did a little bit of research and apparently the name is a reseller in Germany. Upon closer inspection you are right it's a mix of Heng Long and Matorro in my paperwork.
c.rainford73
Lieutenant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Well, after having a porche tiger for some time and never counting the wheel sets, but knowing they overlapped, then reading the porche jagdtiger had eight wheel sets, and the henschel had nine sets, I got excited thinking I had a longer tank, then I saw this and realised, I now have a few (all different) KT's all with the same wheel sets :(
Son of a gun-ner

Postby c.rainford73 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:50 pm

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Well, after having a porche tiger for some time and never counting the wheel sets, but knowing they overlapped, then reading the porche jagdtiger had eight wheel sets, and the henschel had nine sets, I got excited thinking I had a longer tank, then I saw this and realised, I now have a few (all different) KT's all with the same wheel sets :(
Yes sorry to hear that Mick. That's why the maestro of Rc tank dissection Mr Herman Bix had to cut his (tank of course) and extend it to make it longer. When you see his build thread it was remarkable how nice it came out
c.rainford73
Lieutenant

Postby c.rainford73 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:01 am

Let me rephrase that. The early versions of the Jagdtiger had the Porsche suspension system the later ones had the Henschel suspension. Different road wheels all together. The king tigers all had the Henschel road wheels I believe?

I thought you were referring the the Heng Feng Matorro jagdtiger that has a shorter deck than the Torro Taigen version.
c.rainford73
Lieutenant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:55 am

Thanks Carl.
Yes, I knew they only made a few porche jagd tigers at the start.
Sorry, wasn't clear enough, I thought the porche jagd tigers were the same wheels as porche KT's, and the henschel jagd tiger was a whole wheel longer standard, but now I see from the two wheel configurations, the eight and nine wheel versions take up the same chassis length.
Hope that makes sense.

Mick.
Son of a gun-ner

Next

Return to General Discussion