Whats your favourite german tank?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
seekaliao
Recruit

Whats your favourite german tank?

Post by seekaliao »

Just asking whats your fav german tank? Tiger? Tiger 2? Panther? Pz iv? Or others?
seekaliao
Recruit

Re: Whats your favourite german tank?

Post by seekaliao »

Oh you like panzer iv. Cool!! I originally like the king tiger. But its just a copy of t34, so i prefer tiger 1 now. Non sloping aromour is the way to go!! Something of german origin!! Even the leopard 2 turret is vertical till a5 when they add those hideous looking wedge plates to the front. Lol
seekaliao
Recruit

Post by seekaliao »

Haha thanks. Btw i envision the tiger 1 will be resurrected again in the distant future. Its 88mm will rulez again. No longer ordinary shells but its a rail gun. 88mm rail gun will kill any tank out there. It will have powered armour and has a fusion reactor. I also thin they will have cameras instead of view ports and the computer allows you to control your tank like world of tanks game. It renders yor tank and surrounding based on the cameras and satellite images. Its going to be really cool.

Lol i think too much.
seekaliao
Recruit

Post by seekaliao »

Haha thanks. Btw i envision the tiger 1 will be resurrected again in the distant future. Its 88mm will rulez again. No longer ordinary shells but its a rail gun. 88mm rail gun will kill any tank out there. It will have powered armour and has a fusion reactor. I also thin they will have cameras instead of view ports and the computer allows you to control your tank like world of tanks game. It renders yor tank and surrounding based on the cameras and satellite images. Its going to be really cool.

Lol i think too much.
seekaliao
Recruit

Post by seekaliao »

Lol i think too much.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I rather like this driving school (Fahrschule) Panzer 2, powered by wood gas. Nevermind Greenpeace, the Germans had an eco-friendly solution to the diesel and benzine pollution problem, decades before Eco-warriors were even born :haha: :haha: ...or maybe it was just the fuel shortage... :problem: Apparently, it wasn't uncommon to see training versions of german tanks sporting huge gas cylinders, and wood burners.. :lolno:
Wood gas powered 'L' plate Panzer
Wood gas powered 'L' plate Panzer
Fahrschulpanzer-2.jpg (96.59 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Many years ago I read that the Russians made charcoal pits for their tanks, is there any truth to that?

Mick.
Here's a paragraph on the topic I lifted from Richard Armstrong's 'Winter Warfare" (p.2):
Russian charcoal pits
Russian charcoal pits
This would appear to validate the claim you heard..
Roy.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mick, for years I thought the only country to use diesel engined Armour was the Soviet Union,
You can imagine my surprise when I discovered that some of the UK Tanks used Diesel engines.
I also was quite certain that the Tiger 2 was Fuel injected,
Wrong again, :{
The more you research this subject the more surprises you will discover.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

My Favourite Tank by a long way is the PZ4, plenty of varient's and Heng Long, Taigen and Tamiya all make an R/C model and if you like detail Trumpeters static is a dream come true.
But all this comes with a warning,
The Heng Long and Taigen PZ4s have the rear rollers in line with the three forward rollers when they should be 2 to 3 MMs lower and the engine bay is level when it should be sloped and don't talk to me about "ASIATAM'S" Metal Hull, :thumbdown: Roy (43RR) and I could fill a book on the amount of pain we have gone through with the thing,
AVOID like the plague,
Though Taigen are due to release a PZ4 Metal Hull quite soon and the Rollers have been modified so I hear which could just get me going on yet another PZ4 build,
If I do I shall be going to ----
http://www.shapeways.com
first rather than leaving it to the last minute for all those one off detail parts.
Shaun.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mick as Eastern Front says the Tamiya PZ4 is a very good copy of the original and its Suspension is a market leader which the other makers miss by a country mile. :thumbup:
Shaun.

Return to “General Discussion”