M10 wolverine ?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: M10 wolverine ?

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
Thanks! Just showing how a detailed and running MATO is a boon to a collection. ( My biggest issue with the tank was the crumbly metal castings for hooks and hull fittings. I replaced them with Schumo and Tamiya parts and all was well. )
regards and back to the OPs thread! *bows*
Painless
( Just one more pic to show him how detailed his original cast hull MATO plastic Sherman can turn out as well )
Attachments
The old and the new...Paint is the same, weathering makes a big difference..jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

PainlessWolf they look great. I so like the M36. I noticed that the barrel fits in the holder on the rear. The M10 Wolverine will not lower that far.
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Dark46 wrote:PainlessWolf they look great. I so like the M36. I noticed that the barrel fits in the holder on the rear. The M10 Wolverine will not lower that far.
Yes. The bottom edge of the gun shield on the M10 hits the turret preventing any depression. I'm trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to fit it.
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Maccrage wrote:
Dark46 wrote:PainlessWolf they look great. I so like the M36. I noticed that the barrel fits in the holder on the rear. The M10 Wolverine will not lower that far.
Yes. The bottom edge of the gun shield on the M10 hits the turret preventing any depression. I'm trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to fit it.

If you figure it out let post it, as I would be interested in sorting it out.

The other thing was the colour I was surprised it wasnt olive drab. I do like the colour but I would also have liked it to matched the M4 Sherman
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Dark46 wrote:
Maccrage wrote:

If you figure it out let post it, as I would be interested in sorting it out.

The other thing was the colour I was surprised it wasnt olive drab. I do like the colour but I would also have liked it to matched the M4 Sherman
Actually sitting down and comparing the Mato to photos of real M10s. Looks like Mato messed up the front of the turret. The mount is definitely wrong. Also, not sure yet if the gun shield is too small or if the angles and size of the turret front are off. At the moment, it looks like the easiest fix is to remove a small amount from the bottom edge of the gun shield.
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

It's the gun shield and mount. Both are undersized. I'm going to order the M10 gun shield off Shapeways. It looks better to me. Cast instead of the welded appearance of the Mato shield.
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Tried to replicate the angle.
You can see the Mato gun shield is too narrow. TImage

Return to “General Discussion”