New arrival

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
SgtMalarky
Lance Corporal

New arrival

Post by SgtMalarky »

Here is Early Tiger 1, arrived today.

Ran it around the living room, deafened the wife!
Can see a couple of minors cosmetics that will be done. Just got to pluck up the courage to weather and muddy it up. Initial paint job has given me a head start, I think?
Attachments
RenderedContent-262AEB14-625F-471F-A48F-8E5850CDE69B.JPG
Question: "how many tanks does one person need?"
Answer: "one more than they already have"
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Re: New arrival

Post by Tiggr »

Nice one Sarg. :thumbup:
I have the same Taigen T1.
Most obvious item to work on are the gloss black feifel hoses.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
SgtMalarky
Lance Corporal

Post by SgtMalarky »

Hi Tiggr
Thanks mate, feels good knowing you have one as well, safety in numbers etc lol, I am keen to do something with the hoses, as you say, also the air cleaner boxes have the join line as per two piece plastic pieces.
I think the finish in general is fairly OK and a good starting place for extra finish work.
Question: "how many tanks does one person need?"
Answer: "one more than they already have"
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Sgt very nice Taigen Tiger I. I own several Tiger I tanks and my Taigen is the best runner. Very good base for a custom tank or keep as is have fun

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

Nice tiger, it looks like a metal version to me. Hope your wife won't throw it away or you might consider turn down the volume.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Sarg Hi, A very fine file or a fine sheet of wet and dry paper rubbed gently over the Air cleaner seams will make them disappear and after you have applied paint you won't notice them,
If you go to ---
http://www.aber.net.pl
Click on "Catalogue"
Look at the side panel and click on 1/16 and Military Vehicles,
As you scroll down you are looking for "16031",
These are photo etch Feifal air cleaner tubes for the Tiger 1 (Early),
People new to photo-etch tend to run in the opposite direction but this is easy,
It is a sheet that is ribbed along its length and you simply wrap it firmly around the shiny plastic air cleaner hose, And as you wrap it round the hose it will assume the multi-sided shape that the original pipe had,
A tip,
If you put a pen or pencil inside the tube as you wrap the tube with photo-etch it stops the tube bending.
I do not use the hose end photo-etch parts, a bit too fiddly as far as I am concerned :haha:
Then run a line of superglue along the seam,
Once it is dry place it seam side down so it cannot be seen,
It takes paint well and you have a pair of proper looking Aircleaner pipes that take less than ten minutes to make.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Mr Jarndice offers wise advice...................me? I used fibreglass woven electrical insulation that is used by electricians to cover wires near heat such as ovens etc.
not the octagonal shape, but the similar effect & not likely to drive me to drink like Aber certainly would. :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Herman a belated Happy New years,
I am with you on most photo-etch,But because I tend to use it quite often I have the tools (Butane Torch, Solder Paint, etc) so it does not bother me,
But this bit of "ABER PE" is just a matter of rolling a piece of thin metal sheet around a piece of plastic pipe,
As you do it the "ABER PE" cleverly assumes the correct multi-sided shape of the original Feifal Air Cleaner Tube and you either solder or glue along the seam and the job is done.
Shaun.
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

How well do the above solutions to improving the look of the Feifel air hoses stand up to being undone to access the tank's battery ?
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Tiggr Hi, The reason I do not fit the additional PE to the ends of the Air Cleaner Pipe is so that it makes no difference to accessing the Tiger 1s Hull at all,
The PE is simply wrapped around the existing Plastic pipe and because the end of the pipe still has space for the rigid air cleaner pipes to be swung in and out of place access is unchanged.
Shaun.

Return to “General Discussion”