New arrival

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
SgtMalarky
Lance Corporal

Re: New arrival

Post by SgtMalarky »

Hi Shaun

I was unsure about the integrity of the hull ( thickness etc). So after reading you post you have convinced me to tap the hull. This will be easier than my plans to put an insert in. Good idea putting the nut on the inside, the effect of that is there is virtually no laid on the plastic of the hull.
Looking forward to getting into the job.

Can I ask you your advice on the electronic? Following on from Herman's earlier ASP suggestion. I want to disconnect the track recoil, I know nothing about electronics, so are the upgrade boards plug and play or do I have to solder stuff? I have been looking at RC electronics website. Are the available motherboards made with barrel recoil in mind.
I need to get into the electronics as my next vehicle will be a build from scratch T34.
You opinion and advice is highly valued.
Question: "how many tanks does one person need?"
Answer: "one more than they already have"
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, I am glad you like a little adventure.
I have to add that of course you should first remove the Body from the Hull and the Turret from the Body before beginning the work,
As to control boards I have the "ASP2" from ---
http://www.rctanksaustralia.com
Click on E-SHOP.

I have the CLARK TK22 from---
http://www.heng-long-panzer.de
Click on the German flag which then becomes the Union Flag and translates into English.

I have the IBU2 PRO with the TPA Sound card and 2 FRS Speakers from----
http://www.rctankelectronics.com

And I have an "ELMOD" board coming which I will say nothing about until I have some experience with it.

The CLARK and the IBU both have the potential for recoil and it can be a challenge to remove it BUT both boards are readily available, The "ASP2" is recoil free and is without doubt the most Plug and Play of them all IN MY OPINION !!!
But "Kevin" is the eccentric genius behind RC Australia and It is not in stock BUT put in your order and it will come,

The ASP 2 includes a "JUNO" board which like the TPA on the IBU2 plugs on to the main board.
It is Priced at AUS $ 174 or £103.307,
He also sells an upgraded Turnigy 9X Transmitter with the latest Tank software included which is priced at AUS $149 or £88.4638.
Prices as of 7th January 2017.
My recommendation would be the "ASP2" with the Turnigy 9X, The board is a the same width as the HENG LONG and TAIGEN boards but just a little longer, compared with the CLARK TK22 which is the same size as the HENG LONG and TAIGEN boards and the wider and longer IBU2, The best board overall of all is the IBU2 with TPA but if you are restricted for space then it would be the CLARK but I think in your case The "ASP2" would be the better choice.
These are my views and I hope other members of the Forum will offer theirs,
Shaun.
Last edited by jarndice on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
SgtMalarky
Lance Corporal

Post by SgtMalarky »

Hey Shaun
Apologies mate I didn't pick up your last post up till just now. I stuck another one on this morning and you've covered it all here.
I will be more diligent in the future.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Shaun how many channel radio is required for the ASP?
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Carl Hi, The "ASP" will give results with just 4 channels but the best is 8 with the interim choice of 6 or 7. I hope that helps, Why don't you go to ---
www.rctanksaustralia.com
and click on E-Shop look for the ASP2 and you will get a fully illustrated view with all the necessary detail. Shaun.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

jarndice wrote:Carl Hi, The "ASP" will give results with just 4 channels but the best is 8 with the interim choice of 6 or 7. I hope that helps, Why don't you go to ---
http://www.rctanksaustralia.com
and click on E-Shop look for the ASP2 and you will get a fully illustrated view with all the necessary detail. Shaun.
Excellent thank you!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Adrian, Carl if either of you decide to buy an "ASP2" you should understand it does not come with a Manual. What you do is go to ----
www.rctanksaustralia.com
And you join the Forum in the same way as you joined this one, and then you scroll down to the ASP2 site and Download the Manual.
Shaun.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very nice Shaun they even have profiline kits listed
SgtMalarky
Lance Corporal

Post by SgtMalarky »

With regard to my new arrival, now is the time to start making it look like it should.
I dont like the moulded tools on the deck or the tow cables. As it came with 'real' tow cables i will install these. Also i want to remove the moulded tools. I was thinking about a wood chisel and dremel then if there is any overcut i can fill and sand.
Does this sound OK?
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Wood chisel sounds a bit drastic and probably prone to cut fingers and damage to bits you don't want to modify. 8O My weapon of choice for removing unwanted bits is the good old dremel. :thumbup:
Alwyn :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild

Return to “General Discussion”