Mato tanks.....WHAT is going on?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
SteelBird
Corporal

Re: Mato tanks.....WHAT is going on?

Post by SteelBird »

jackalope wrote:Steelbird, thank you sir but as mentioned those are T34 tracks. I need T74 Duckbill tracks and sprockets and idler wheels. Heard back from Dave he's sold out right now but more are on the way so at least I have a back up plan. Thank you Tom!
My bad, that's why I couldn't find any Duckbills tracks of the T-34. So this is what you are looking for. On taobao it costs 280 RMB (about US$40.36). Just for your reference.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

WOW man thanks! If my stuff never comes I've already talked to Dave and I know he'll take care of me, he always has!
MyPanzerIII
Recruit

Post by MyPanzerIII »

Hi SteelBird, I have not received my Panzer III yet. My order is still on hold. They told me they will have the M10 for sale in about 2 weeks. I don't know if i should buy the Panzer III or M10....
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I'd recommend not getting either cause you may never get the damn thing!

I can't get a live person on the phone at the USPS, the robot and the tracking number STILL show never dropped off, John from Mato says to "be patient" but I think I've been BEYOND patient seeing how I ordered my parts November 25!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

jackalope wrote:I'd recommend not getting either cause you may never get the damn thing!

I can't get a live person on the phone at the USPS, the robot and the tracking number STILL show never dropped off, John from Mato says to "be patient" but I think I've been BEYOND patient seeing how I ordered my parts November 25!
I am also waiting since November my remedy for all of this is to order parts from other people and as those Parcels arrive.....

Like therapy

I cannot bear to think about the disappointment of waiting so long for my Mato orderImage
Last edited by c.rainford73 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I do share your frustration but after reaching out to them a few times and hearing other people's disappointment I've decided to try to find a better way to cope with my Mato episode
Tanks alot.... :wave:
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

MyPanzerIII wrote:Hi SteelBird, I have not received my Panzer III yet. My order is still on hold. They told me they will have the M10 for sale in about 2 weeks. I don't know if i should buy the Panzer III or M10....
I'm not going to intervene your decision on which tank to choose or not at all. However, here are my two cents regarding the two tanks;
I never own a M10 so I don't know about it but since it uses the Sherman's lower chassis so I think it should have similar performance. The good thing about the Sherman/M10 is its suspension system doesn't require penetration of the chassis. I think this should be much less complicated and thus stronger and tougher.

I bought a Panzer III recently and it's a nightmare to get it runs properly. All the problems come from the lower chassis. The upper hull is next to perfect I'd say, so there's nothing to mention about it. I think there are several weak point out of design of this tank. First of all, the screw holes are weak. The lower chassis is made of aluminium or zinc alloy which is light but rather weak. You tighten and loosen the screws a few times and you'll find the screw holes have been spoiled. You'll need new screws. Secondly, weak design. The suspension system is designed to have torsion bar as similar as the real tank as possible. However, the covers that is used to hold the suspension arms are too weak and secured by only one screw. They use brush bushes instead to bearing which costs me a lot of works to make it works well. Finally, poor quality control. I remember someone mentioned it before that you need some luck hoping that your tank comes out from an experienced worker. I needed to polish the suspension arms and thinner the brush bushes to things work together.

Hope you'll have your dream tank!
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
MyPanzerIII
Recruit

Post by MyPanzerIII »

jackalope wrote:I'd recommend not getting either cause you may never get the damn thing!

I received my first order with Mato by Fedex within a week. Received the second order by UPS 3 days.

I remembered several years ago i sold a brand new luxury man belt to a young lady on ebay. She told me the belt would be the birthday present for her boy friend. She needed to receive it the next day. I never trust Postal Service. So i sent the belt by UPS with overnight delivery guarantee. However, she did not receive the belt the next day. She called me and cried over the phone. I was very very sad. But nothing else i can do for her. I can not walk into UPS depot and get the parcel for her. If i knew this i would just drop off the belt ( she was just 80 miles away). Finally UPS took 4 days to deliver the belt. I got the shipping fee from UPS and refunded to her.....

As a vendor, their task is to deliver the items to the courier companies as soon as possible. Once they delivered the items to the courier companies, the package is not in their control. The question would be is the vendor accountable for the time the shipping company holds the package? This would be up to each individual customer. If Mato did not ship or held a customer’s order-then that is 100% their fault. However, when they deliver the items to USPS in a timely manner, and USPS does not deliver the items quickly due to backlog-this is a totally different story. I believe USPS is 10000 times larger than Mato. But when you need them you can't get a live person on the phone at the USPS. How about Mato? Each time you called i think you have been taken care well. Like you said they told you to wait till January 16th and if the stuff doesn't get here they'll refund your money. If the stuff ever shows up its a gift. I don't think Mato can do more for you. You can't expect Mato walk into USPS depot to look for your parcel. So just be patient, You get a clear timeframe. If you did not receive the parcel January 16th. Contact Mato to get a refund.

I don't know how many orders you have placed with Mato. If all your previous orders were delay. You should close your account and never buy from them again. if this is a single case, the story would be different. Again, whether courier shipping time to be considered as vendor shipping time. Different people would have different opinions. I am very happy with my two orders with Mato. I am also very happy to see how Mato stand behind their service!

Sandy
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Woz »

Not MATO but China related.

I bought an airbrush from a Chinese seller (Ebay) on 2nd Dec. He posted it two days later (4th Dec).

It turned up yesterday (5th Jan). Now I know things slow down for Christmas and sometimes large parcels can take some time but this was just an airbrush and it took a month.
MyPanzerIII
Recruit

Post by MyPanzerIII »

SteelBird, if i was you i will contact Mato to get the tank replaced. I believe they will make things right for me. My Sherman is perfect. The M10 uses the same lower hull as the Sherman I guess. I see many people from youtube are happy with their Mato tanks. My buddy has 4 Mato tanks they are all in perfect condition. So let Mato know your story. Do not buy from them again if you do not like their products.

Return to “General Discussion”