Mato tanks.....WHAT is going on?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: Mato tanks.....WHAT is going on?

Post by jackalope »

Cool you got yours too!

Well I took the Firefly out of the box for the first time since I did it's once overy when I bought it and it's a different version then the tank I had planed to build, bummer. But no biggie I'll just build it anyway. Then opened up the 4.1 gearboxes with full bearings and they don't fit the H/L lower hull. UGH! This is getting better! Test fit the drive sprockets to the gearboxes, they don't fit either! God damn it! Go to test fit the upper resin Firefly hull to the H/L lower along with the 3 piece front part and IT don't fit either! DAMN! So NOTHING I've bought and waited MONTHS to get will fit or work together! AWESOME!

Anyone want to buy this pile of crap? I'm so tired of this! Stuff that says it's supposed to work ANNNNND it don't fit, won't fit and can't fit!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

jackalope wrote:Cool you got yours too!

Well I took the Firefly out of the box for the first time since I did it's once overy when I bought it and it's a different version then the tank I had planed to build, bummer. But no biggie I'll just build it anyway. Then opened up the 4.1 gearboxes with full bearings and they don't fit the H/L lower hull. UGH! This is getting better! Test fit the drive sprockets to the gearboxes, they don't fit either! God damn it! Go to test fit the upper resin Firefly hull to the H/L lower along with the 3 piece front part and IT don't fit either! DAMN! So NOTHING I've bought and waited MONTHS to get will fit or work together! AWESOME!

Anyone want to buy this pile of crap? I'm so tired of this! Stuff that says it's supposed to work ANNNNND it don't fit, won't fit and can't fit!
That is very unfortunate Mr Jackolope I feel badly that your experience has been far worse than mine could have ever been.

Maybe you can list the part numbers and pictures of the items and someone will take them off your hands....

It may be therapeutic

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Ok, so dremel tool in hand....drive sprockets fit. I think there was metal "flash" that needed to be ground off.
Next up the gearboxes.....I'll need to open up a hole in the right side gearbox so the motor from the left side can recess into it and fit. I tried removing the spacer between the motor and the gearbox but then the motor hits the bearing and cocks sideways, so the spacer needs to stay. The only way I can think to make it fit is to cut a hole for the motors to recess into.

Gearboxes are part number 14010S with short and long output shafts.

Tank is H/L M4A3 Sherman 105mm item number 3898-1 BB version.

It WILL work! Oh yes it will! I've not come this far to be outwitted by a silly toy tank!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

That's the spirit have you made anymore progress with it?
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

jackalope wrote:Ok, so dremel tool in hand....drive sprockets fit. I think there was metal "flash" that needed to be ground off.
Next up the gearboxes.....I'll need to open up a hole in the right side gearbox so the motor from the left side can recess into it and fit. I tried removing the spacer between the motor and the gearbox but then the motor hits the bearing and cocks sideways, so the spacer needs to stay. The only way I can think to make it fit is to cut a hole for the motors to recess into.

Gearboxes are part number 14010S with short and long output shafts.

Tank is H/L M4A3 Sherman 105mm item number 3898-1 BB version.

It WILL work! Oh yes it will! I've not come this far to be outwitted by a silly toy tank!
I remember similar situation when I bought my Taigen 4:1 gearbox. The largest tool I used to make it fit in was a large size steel cutter. Need to drill a few holes on the gearboxes.

Last when I sat down to deal with my newly arrived parts, I felt a bit dizzy; Hundreds of the rubber pads not installed out of the box though I expected that. I fit them one by one with super glue. Some of the glue pour into the links and made them stuck, and the links of this Leo2 tracks are much more troublesome than those found on WWII tanks. Looks like it is another nightmare to go through.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

So today my replacement order for the original parts that I placed in November has finally been re-posted.

The first time it shipped from China via USPS on a very very very slow boat and never arrived....

The replacement batch (with Steve from Mato's help) has posted today from Canada and shipped via UPS.

I feel much more confident this time around since it is shipping from neighboring Canada but you never know....

I should have my bits Thursday

I think....
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

Maybe the ship went missing in the Pacific.

My build of Leo2 with metal tracks becomes a nightmare. Now I get myself really busy with it and it's not going to finish soon. Most of the track links need to be disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt. Hope I'll get an super Leo2!
Last edited by SteelBird on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

My parts took so long getting here I told Mato I could have walked from my house to the port of Baltimore, boarded a boat, sailed to China, walked from the port of China to the factory, picked up my parts, walked back to the port, boarded another boat, sailed back to the US, and walked back to my house before my parts arrived!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

jackalope wrote:My parts took so long getting here I told Mato I could have walked from my house to the port of Baltimore, boarded a boat, sailed to China, walked from the port of China to the factory, picked up my parts, walked back to the port, boarded another boat, sailed back to the US, and walked back to my house before my parts arrived!
Jackalope you forgot to add the part about making the parts too
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Well....

My parts have finally found their way to my home and I have inspected them and am now happy.

Thanks to Steve from Mato and his assistance with my very long anticipated order.

In this case all's well that ends well

I stumbled across this thread...

To be honest with your good feedback and the helpful insight from others on this forum helped this along

Carl

Return to “General Discussion”