Mato tanks.....WHAT is going on?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
SteelBird
Corporal

Re: Mato tanks.....WHAT is going on?

Post by SteelBird »

It finally arrive, so it's good news. Will you show us some photos?
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Still part collecting. All I need now are the new metal bogies from Dave which I'll order on payday.

But they're VERY nice! The turned gun barrel is beautiful as are the T74 duckbill tracks.

I'll see about getting some pics up tomorrow, been a looooooooooong time since I posted anything up. Stand by.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

You are a lucky person... I guess after that 50 day epic trek ( maybe they can make a movie about it) I have just been informed by Steve that my order is lost and a new one will post in two days.

I am happy you have at least received yours and maybe this second batch will finally make it to my house.

All is well that ends well I guess

I must add that Steve from Mato has been very helpful since I got him involved a week ago.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

c.rainford73 wrote:You are a lucky person... I guess after that 50 day epic trek ( maybe they can make a movie about it) I have just been informed by Steve that my order is lost and a new one will post in two days. Image

I am happy you have at least received yours and maybe this second batch will finally make it to my house.

All is well that ends well I guess

I must add that Steve from Mato has been very helpful since I got him involved a week ago.

UGHHHH! Oh man I'm so sorry to hear about that. I'm SURE mine was re-shipped, I doubt mine is the original shipment.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks Jackalope the good news is they are making good on it and yours has made it to you. Honestly I've ordered from them many times and this is the first time this has happened. In the meantime I've been busy finishing up the needed repairs to the metal tiger hull and gearboxes I previously purchased from them.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

c.rainford73 wrote:Thanks Jackalope the good news is they are making good on it and yours has made it to you. Honestly I've ordered from them many times and this is the first time this has happened. In the meantime I've been busy finishing up the needed repairs to the metal tiger hull and gearboxes I previously purchased from them.
It's the 3rd time an order of mine took a long time to get here however THIS was the L-O-N-G-E-S-T it's EVER taken!

Wish I could help you with your order.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

What are you currently building? What are the parts for
Or like me is it how many are you building....
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

c.rainford73 wrote:What are you currently building? What are the parts for
Or like me is it how many are you building....

These are for my Firefly build. I got the kit from Dean and it's just been sitting. Then at Thanksgiving I got an email from a place for a plastic H/L 2.4 Sherman for like $70 so I ordered it. Then I found the proper T74 duckbill tracks and sprockets and idler wheels and Firefly airsoft barrel for less then $100 from Mato and I knew I couldn't pass them up for my build. Payday I'm ordering the metal bogies from Dave, I already have the tank commander so right now all I really need is the time to build the damn thing!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes time.... That precious little thing we all need more of. Enjoy. I will be following along!
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

c.rainford73 wrote:Thanks Jackalope the good news is they are making good on it and yours has made it to you. Honestly I've ordered from them many times and this is the first time this has happened. In the meantime I've been busy finishing up the needed repairs to the metal tiger hull and gearboxes I previously purchased from them.
I hope the metal tiger hull doesn't give you too much problem.

I heard that Mato is releasing the Late Tiger 1 in 2017 but this is not confirmed. However, the dealer on Taobao told me that King Tiger is coming soon. I'm not going to buy anymore whole metal tank from Mato but I have a H/L Tiger 1 upper hull so I'd like to fix it on metal Late Tiger chassis and modify it to be a real Late Tiger. BB or IR is not so important. Maybe H/L electronics just work fine too (for sake of saving money).

I'm not interested in the King Tiger, not because the King Tiger is not attractive but I already have quite a lot of German tanks. I'd like to build some American and Soviet tanks. I saw a Tamiya M51 Super Sherman on Taobao offering at $500+ but dealer never response me. I guess a Tamiya at this price tag is a full plastic version. My favorite Soviet tank is the JS-2. Price tag at $750+. Note that all Tamiya prices are without battery, charger and radio. My nightmare about Tamiya would be painting. That's my weakness. I can paint a plain color but not camo or weathering.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage

Return to “General Discussion”