Just ordered another Walker Bulldog

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
von steiner
Recruit

Just ordered another Walker Bulldog

Post by von steiner »

The Heng Long 1/16 rc Walker Bulldog that I just got running real good got me to thinking...
It was the jurrasic (black box, no smoke or sounds) one but I am having a good time with it.

Fragile? Yes. Not real reliable? Yes. But the best bang for the buck.

So because it sits so high and is real wide, it can go over dog poop where my Tamiya Sherman can't.
I ordered another one for a few dollars more (like another $20.00 u.s. dollars), I got the one with the sounds, smoke and
the 2.4 ghz transmitter.

I scoured the net to find a good photo of the 1:1 Bulldog and will replicate it as close as I can.
No more fancy paint jobs.
I might even take my time and get some metal upgrades.
It's crazy... you can end up throwing out enough coin to make a Heng Long a real strong and reliable
tank but then you think... maybe it would have been smarter and quicker to just get a Tamiya.

I think Taigen or Mato already upgrade the Heng Longs but I want to do it myself.

Can't get around yet (Flu shot reaction) but I can have some fun learning how to build 1/16 R/C models.
No more 1/35 stuff. Too small for me and I like the R/C part of the build.
Will post some more pics when I get going on the Walker Bulldog.

respectfully;

Von Steiner
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: Just ordered another Walker Bulldog

Post by jackalope »

Dog poop isn't exactly an obstacle I would expect to find on a battlefield. :wtf:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jackalope wrote:Dog poop isn't exactly an obstacle I would expect to find on a battlefield. :wtf:
That's an anti tank mine, lol.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jackalope wrote:Dog poop isn't exactly an obstacle I would expect to find on a battlefield. :wtf:
Hmmm...well, that's nothing compared with the massive cowpats my tanks encounter: but they're a great way to acquire a real battlefield patina....or free camouflage :lolno: :lolno:
But it's a sobering thought when you think of what tanks have run over in the past (trenches, foxholes, gun pits full of soft skinned humans...etc. :O .)

p.s..Von S., hope you're feeling a 100% very soon.. and get to explore the 1/16 world fully.. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
von steiner
Recruit

Post by von steiner »

I added another link to the tracks as suggested by a modeler here and it works and looks great.
More realistic. Can't figure out how they remain attached to the sprocket and idlers but they do so far.
Also by a suggestion here, I found "ArtisticHobbies.com for upgraded replacement parts.
Only problem is everything is out of stock right now.

Von Steiner
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Sadly, Artistic Hobbies in Texas, has hung up their collective hats. If you are interested in buying upgrade parts here in the U.S., go to Taigen Tanks website and let Eric help you out. Good luck and have fun!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

IMEX tanks, Erik, he's great to deal with. Located in Florida.
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning,
Sadly, Artistic Hobbies in Texas, has hung up their collective hats. If you are interested in buying upgrade parts here in the U.S., go to Taigen Tanks website and let Eric help you out. Good luck and have fun!
regards,
Painless
Yes, and I for one was sorry to see him go.
Joe
von steiner
Recruit

Post by von steiner »

Great help in finding a trusted parts supplier. Thank you.
The way I figure it is, $70.00 for the metal drive gears, $70.00 for the metal tracks and $8.00 (all US dollars) for the sprockets.
I will have to check out a little more research on what else will makes the Bulldog "bullet proof."

I ran the HL all over the place today with no problems. I hate the range of the 27MHz xmtr/rcvr.
The Tamiya M4 Sherman is getting treated as a "garage queen."
It is so nice and the quality is amazing (expensive too) that I keep it under glass, whereas the HL Walker gets roughed up pretty good.
I will probably have my son Air-Brush the new HL Walker Bulldog when it is ready.
Thanks again for the supplier info.

Respectfully;

Von Steiner
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

And if you're really crazy you can turn it into one of these. @)

I recently offered this tank for sale with a TK22, T6 radio, another complete stock hull top and turret, and a third spare turret, all for $450 and no one was interested. I guess we M-41 lovers are more rare then I thought. At least I raised the $ I needed before I had to sell her. :haha:

And of all the tanks I've tried the TK22 in, this one runs the best. She's just a dream to drive.

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Discussion”