A Tanker Needs a Hand

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

A Tanker Needs a Hand

Post by Max-U52 »

Hey, Men, this little 30 second video clip may be familiar to some of you. That's my very best Bud, the world famous male cat named Nancy. Last week I found out that Nancy has a tumor in his ear canal. This is going to be expensive and I'm trying to raise the funds. I've started a gofundme campaign and I'm taking offers on any of my tanks. The entire collection can be seen here

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=18189

and the campaign telling Nancy's story is here

I'm not posting individual classifieds (yet, and hopefully it won't get to that) so I put this here in the hope that I can turn to my fellow tankers in an hour of need. The biggest thing you men can do to help is spread the word. This furry guy has appeared in the village a time or two and probably brought a few chuckles, and now he needs a paw. I mean hand. I hope no one is offended by my turning to my hobby community in this, but I'm pretty much alone in the world as far as close relatives and stuff, so I rely on my friends more than some.

If any of the tanks interest you send me a PM with an offer, and of course you'll have to pay shipping so that may limit me to the guys here in the US.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: A Tanker Needs a Hand

Post by jackalope »

Oh no! Is it operable? And if so will he still be able to live a normal cat life? How old is he also?

I'm so sorry to hear this and I understand totally. If I didn't need to replace my damn roof we'd help out but as it is I need between $8-$10,000 myself. :thumbdown:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Hi Gary, it's late here and have just seen this. I'll just say that though I have kids, and even grandkids,but, living alone I get most of my companionship..and laughs from West Highland terriers. Mac, my eldest, died in February at the age of 15 years six months, and I mourn him still.
For this reason, among others, you have my complete sympathy. We''ll see what develops here on the forum, but I'm sure you can count on support.
Roy.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks, Guys, :clap: I knew you guys would be cool about this. Jack, he needs a biopsy first and then we see what happens next. Hopefully it's benign and we just chop it out and he lives happily ever after and since he's just two years old that should be a long time. Maybe longer than me!

I'm really sorry to hear about Mac, Roy, and I've been there, too. I already know you appreciate having him with you for so long. That's a good long life for any breed of dog and I bet he was at your side every minute of it. I got Nancy when he was maybe 5 or 6 weeks old, and his momma was a barn cat. My other two tease him about that all the time. :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Talked to my wife and we agree we can afford a little. Tomorrow when our pays go in we'll put $50 in your go fund me page. I know it's not very much, wish we could do more but like I said....roof.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thank you, Terry, and your wife also. Has she seen the video? Here's another Nancy appeared in recently, along with the King Tiger. Our Boy doesn't appear until about 0:55 if you want to skip to the good part. :)

He's made his way into quite a few still photos as well, but I'm a little shy about showing them. Don't want to be like one of those old dudes that pesters anyone who'll pay attention with photos of his grandkids. Anyway, there should be more photos of my buddy at the gofundme page soon so y'all can see what a good lookin' feline specimen he is. :) Thanks again, Bro.
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

Sorry to hear that, Gary. I'll check my budgets in the morning and see if we can help out.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

Check your email. OK saw your link. Left a little something Gary. I hope it works out for you and Nancy.
Last edited by jtracks on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

hi max sorry to hear about that pop a little help in there dave :thumbup:
ruben2005
Sergeant

Post by ruben2005 »

hope this helps mate :thumbup: :thumbup:
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war