Sherman - Taigen or Heng Long?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
TankRookie
Recruit

Sherman - Taigen or Heng Long?

Post by TankRookie »

I'm considering buying another tank. Particularly I've always wanted a Sherman.
Looking at a couple of recommended vendors they have the Heng Long version and Tagien.
How much different are the Heng Long Pro Sherman than the Tagien? Which one should I buy?
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Sherman - Taigen or Heng Long?

Post by ALPHA »

Depends on what you are planning to do..if you are looking for a foundation to build upon...get the Heng Long...if you are going for something you want to just play with ...detail a little and run get the Taigen...But if the choice was mine...being what the Taigens are now going for...I'd get the Mato
ImageImage...All metal...three choices of tracks two of them with Duckbills ..one without ...choice of IR or BB
Also found the Mato is a little better scaled than the Taigen...the Turret is a tad small on that one...and last but not least ..a metal storage/carry case
Check with Forgebear...he's a member and a Mato dealer :D

ALPHA
TankRookie
Recruit

Post by TankRookie »

Which retailers stock the Mato version?
Mainly a toy but most likely also going to spend a lot of time on the shelf with the odd cruise around the living room. The Heng Long pro from rctank.de looks like good value. They only stock the more expensive Taigen with the wooden crate though so a big price jump.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

TankRookie wrote:Which retailers stock the Mato version?
Mainly a toy but most likely also going to spend a lot of time on the shelf with the odd cruise around the living room. The Heng Long pro from rctank.de looks like good value. They only stock the more expensive Taigen with the wooden crate though so a big price jump.
Are you in the US or UK?
If UK...I would check with forgebear....he's a member ....on the bottom of the page there is a vendors list...their names are bold and in blue click on his name when you sign in and you can PM him with any inquiries

US...there is Mato Mart...and a really good seller on EBAY that also carries the painted RTR versions as well

Good luck with your search :thumbup:

ALPHA
TankRookie
Recruit

Post by TankRookie »

I'm in the UK.
Just contacted him (Forgebear) on ebay, he's looking into it for me :)
I bought a panzer III off him back in 2011 and he was great to deal with!
How are rctank.de for delivering to the UK?
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

TankRookie wrote:I'm in the UK.
Just contacted him (Forgebear) on ebay, he's looking into it for me :)
I bought a panzer III off him back in 2011 and he was great to deal with!
How are rctank.de for delivering to the UK?
Dave is the best....always has you in mind...really down to earth and easy to communicate with....Lucky for you he is a Mato dealer...so I'm sure he can do something for you :D

ALPHA

PS...If you do get the RTR Mato....ask which gearboxes are in them...they might be equipped with the Brass Mato boxes...they are ok..but from what I heard a little flexy...maybe at that point ask if you can swap them out or get a better deal on a Taigen or Heng Long Steel set...never hurts to ask...the most that can happen is they say you can't ;)
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

No problems with rctank.de - I've had two large parcels from him and only a couple of days slower than UK post.

If you can get to the meets Dave may be there. Means you can spend the post fees (and more) on tank stuff.....
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

RobW wrote:No problems with rctank.de - I've had two large parcels from him and only a couple of days slower than UK post.

If you can get to the meets Dave may be there. Means you can spend the post fees (and more) on tank stuff.....
Those are the guys in Germany right Rob?...they have some cool bits...never had the guts to order from them though...for us in the US ..I've heard it's a 50/50 deal.....good and bad review...never have dealt with Welsh...they list stuff but are always sold out...the web page to me is sketchy at best....Dave ...Dave is always up to date...once he is out of stock ...he doesn't list it again till he has more...really simple to deal with
You all there in the UK are lucky...just because you can go to those meets where he might have a booth set up...think that's awesome :thumbup:

ALPHA
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Yes. Not used Juckenburg or Modelbau (sp?) yet, but as they both have Ebay shops might do it that way.

You could always set up shop in the US, just make sure you sell the stock rather than build it! ;)
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

RobW wrote:Yes. Not used Juckenburg or Modelbau (sp?) yet, but as they both have Ebay shops might do it that way.

You could always set up shop in the US, just make sure you sell the stock rather than build it!
;)
:haha: :haha: I'll let the guys who know how to run that kind of business do lol...it's not as easy as it sounds...keeping stock is almost a weekly deal...not to mention keeping up with what's coming up...just don't have the time for that right now...but if I did...The blueprint would include how Dave runs his business...the guy is on top of it.... invoices ...replies ...are there in no time at all ...You can tell he has the passion for the Hobby as well as his business
Others do it ...for what seems to be just doing it ....I think you do have to build to be credible in this hobby :D ...though there is a flip side...as I have met sellers who's interest is to see a smile on their customer's faces....and will bend over backwards to see it through...and the flip side to that is...there will always be customers who try and cheat the good will....let's just say it's interesting...doing business...and I guess like anything else has it high points and low ;)

ALPHA

PS...I haven't ordered from those other two as well...have heard interesting things about that additional tax charge

Return to “General Discussion”