flame thrower 105 sherman

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Re: flame thrower 105 sherman

Post by Dietrich »

Hi,
It is difficult to make the tank 'Flame Throw' outdoors... because the slightest wind puts the 'Pilot Light' out....ask me how I know.... :{
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

spitting fire is out of the question,old chap totally above and beyond I am the person who cant even weather very well
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

cannedheat wrote:spitting fire is out of the question,old chap totally above and beyond I am the person who cant even weather very well

;) .............................. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

"You do"" You can"... If you think you can't you never will...as you will feel any effort has been in vain :thumbdown:

Now if you think what you have done to your IDF (which you have chosen not to show us lol).... is truly atrocious ...just do a repaint and stick to what you do best..there is no sense beating yourself up Canned...especially with self critique... If I bent to that... none of my tanks would ever see the light of day... as there is always something you will find imperfect ... almost like a doctor trying to diagnose himself

There are proposals you might still consider .... sending your IDF over the Pacific to where there will be held out grubby hands to receive it... show some pics so we can tell if you really went wrong ... or just repaint it to your normal standard of excellence

But don't ... I cannot emphasize more..."DON'T" beat yourself down daily... because the only one you will convince of failure is yourself

POSITIVE WAVES CANNED! POSITIVE WAVES ! :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

cannedheat wrote:thanks old chap ,wot wot ......

Now this is the Positive Canned. :D

Build the flamer.. (no need for flames) and everyone will cheer you on :thumbup:

TALLYHO! :thumbup: .................. ;)

ALPHA
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hi Canned and ALPHA,
...............................Quote from Canned..." spitting fire is out of the question "..................YES If you have put a lot of time into a tank then I have to agree.... My Fuel pipe came off inside the turret.....It took me about an hour to straighten the turret roof with a heat gun after the 'Internal Conflagration' .... and about a week for the burns on my leg to heal.....
.....How I laughed !!.... >:<
.....That was about 2 or 3 years ago..... I would like another try.... but its the damn pilot light... I guess that a High Voltage spark would do as an ignition source ... but it how to get
all the Bits and Pieces inside a small tank.. 8O
Never Forget......
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
The middle aged ladies who live in the subdivision would finally have their proof that I had gone completely round the bend if I was suddenly setting the weeds ablaze with a flame throwing Sherman. It's bad enough the way that they cluck and nod amongst themselves whenever they glimpse me laying out in the lawn taking pictures of the latest build. *chuckles* I think that Dietrich has the right of it. *considers a Churchill Crocodile pulling a trailer with the reservoir, pump and a hose feeding into the rear plate and from there into the turret where an electric igniter from a house furnace was in place.* The barrel would have to be steel but it could be done....
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hey guys... I never built a flamer... and don't plan to .. for reasons Painless mentioned...but to me ... why complicate things
I'd just rig one of these puppies into the gun port

they are light ... easily refilled ... easilly replaced and will disperse a safer flame... which when fully adjusted should shoot a flame about a foot long...it has a trigger that can probably be adapted to most airsoft tank models ...and has a flameless pezio igniter

Just a wooden nickle thrown in by a former fire bug :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hi Guys,
Ok a few years ago ...I did it like this.... 12 V car windscreen washer pump....Wired Via a relay to the 7.2 Volt battery PLUS a 9 Volt square battery 16.2 Volts....
Wheeled Fuel Bowser towed behind the tank full of petrol.... BBQ lighter like ALPHA showed but modified to be permanently lit... extended to the end of the Metal barrel made from aluminium tube... Then metal fuel pipe run along inside the barrel connected by a flexible pipe to the screen washer pump.
Press the ' Fire' button and you have about 7/8 feet of flame... looks great at night, on concrete..8O ..... BUT if the barrel it a bit short or scale and a slight breeze... you have to slightly reverse the tank when you fire..or when you stop the burning fuel drips onto the glacis plate...
Never Forget......
stug 85
Corporal

Post by stug 85 »

Isnt that ever so slightly illegal? :O
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Not in the French countryside with no neighbours ................. :D ............In the UK.....might be ...possibly a weapon to launch 'any noxious liquid or gas'.... but so is a 'Killaspray' pump up weed killer if I spray it AT a person......It all about intent in the UK and perceptions.... Here I can by a butane gas (The size for a small BBQ) powered weedkiller to 'Flame Weeds'... its good for about 2 1/2 feet and is great for killing Queen hornets when they try and nest in my barn in the spring.... :D... The Hornets are big... I call them 'Heinkel Bombers' because the 'Buzz' is so deep and distinctive
Never Forget......

Return to “General Discussion”