1/9 21 st Century toys Abrams

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

1/9 21 st Century toys Abrams

Post by Biasphere1 »

I found one of these for sale are they worth grabbing and bringing up to code ?
IE , scale looks and movement ?
Does theplastic degrade as it's about 20 years old ?
Cheers .
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: 1/9 21 st Century toys Abrams

Post by tankme »

They are pretty fragile and no spare parts unless you find them on like Ebay. Personally...I'm not a fan of the odd scale.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
KH3DP
Recruit

Post by KH3DP »

It could be used as a starting point to rebuild something in a larger scale, but I would recommend being gentle with it if left "as is". I picked up two on clearance back when they were new, and even then the plastic was brittle. I accidentally snapped the barrel off one of them.
gorehound
Private

Post by gorehound »

I had one years back and it was awful in terms of brittle plastic, to the point it would break running on anything other than a smooth wooden floor. The suspension (if you could call it that) was inaccurate with bogies each having two running wheels, like a panzer IV, apart from the first wheel with broke off the hull equally as much as the front idler did. The tracks were not strong either and the electrics were stop go and so sudden on start that they just broke things in the drivetrain after a while.

It would need the whole lower hull reenforced and the suspension redone before you really did anything else. Mine also had a broken barrel along with a crack in the turret tha resulted from the slightest of knocks.

So, not one I would recommend personally.

Return to “General Discussion”