blackout lights not working

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
rr82@mediacombb.net
Recruit

blackout lights not working

Post by rr82@mediacombb.net »

Just built my Tamiya M1A2 Abrams, well only half done. anyway I am using a new Finespec 2.4 radio. I plugged all cables in and it started up, I hit button #1 and the head and tail lights come on. But I can not figure out how to get the blackout lights on. any help ?
thanks
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: blackout lights not working

Post by tankme »

I don't think Tamiya designed them to come on. Is there a separate LED installed for them in the housing? If not, then they weren't designed to work that way. Tamiya tanks are usually the most expensive of all the tanks out there, but they aren't always spot on with the details. None of the manufacturers are - not even Tamiya. From what I've seen, the description says "blackout lights depicted". I haven't seen anything that shows them working. I could be wrong though as I don't have a Tamiya Abrams. If there is a way to turn them on, it would be in the manual that came with the tank. I realize you probably have the US spec tank and the Japanese spec radio, but there would still be a sequence to turn them on depicted in the US manual if it is an option.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
rr82@mediacombb.net
Recruit

Re: blackout lights not working

Post by rr82@mediacombb.net »

Yea this tank has black lights with connecters that plug in on one end and a optical fiber that runs to the front where the light housing is. I can get the headlights on and the taillights on but I just cant figure out how to turn on the blackout lights

Return to “General Discussion”