Tracked truck

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
bikerdude
Lance Corporal

Tracked truck

Post by bikerdude »

Has anyone ever tried one of these trucks? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284232111973 ... Sw1VxgXNtR

Looks like it could be a bit of fun for the kids, but it also looks a little fragile, and like it might not stand up to too much abuse. Has anyone else had a go with one and got any feedback on how they perform?
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Tracked truck

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Evening!
Link to my Youtube video of running it in the snow here. Like all those trucks, it would benefit from a beefier battery. Otherwise, a lot of fun plus wheels and tires were included to retro it back to a standard truck if wanted. ( That would depend on the seller )
regards,
Painless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlBI545GKok
Attachments
Solid design works well so far.jpg
Solid design works well so far.jpg
Controller is a world above the unit that came with the Gaz.jpg
Controller is a world above the unit that came with the Gaz.jpg
Actual headlight lenses.jpg
Actual headlight lenses.jpg
Working out of the box...a better battery is on the way.jpg
Working out of the box...a better battery is on the way.jpg
Still plastic but a better gearbox and actual servo used....jpg
Still plastic but a better gearbox and actual servo used....jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

This might not be of any surprise, but i built quite a few of those and made loads new parts for them
The tracks are the weak links though as the rubber teeth internal slip easy, i made some improvements to them though.
Here are a few of mine

I built some others which i seem to not have pictures of, but have sold since
The orange one was a special fun build, dual 370 motors and could run 2s and 3s lipo if mad enough, it looked cool and had alot of 3dp parts which we designed specifically for it

i also supplied some parts for a friend to have fun with
phpBB [video]

I still have 3 of these trucks in the workshop, not really sure what i will do with them though lol
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
bikerdude
Lance Corporal

Post by bikerdude »

Thanks for the replies both of you. Painless, I can't view your video, for some reason it wants me to verify my age to watch it, and I'm not giving google my credit card or driving license details...

When you say a beefier battery, do you mean capacity or voltage? I assume these are 7.2v same as my sons 6x6 lorry? I'd probably ideally drop a stick pack in the rear bed and cover it with a camo net over it.

Will01capri, did you have to upgrade any of the running gear to run higher powered motors?

I have seen metal versions or the tracked units, and gearboxes etc available on Banggood, which I was looking into, but then saw you could get the trucks ready to go with the tracks, for a fraction of what it was going to cost as separate parts.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning!
Capacity. The truck runs with good torque ( better than the stock WPL) but not long enough. Your fix would give it plenty of run time.
regards,
Painless

P.S. I'll check the videos. Some crazy new YouTube thing I am sure designed to keep children off the platform no matter what they are trying to view.
...Here for the Dawn...
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I don’t have a tracked one but I do have 2 jjrc 6x6 trucks, they do ok on rough and muddy ground so a tracked one should be ok, but as everyone has pointed out the battery life is rubbish
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

bikerdude wrote:Thanks for the replies both of you. Painless, I can't view your video, for some reason it wants me to verify my age to watch it, and I'm not giving google my credit card or driving license details...

When you say a beefier battery, do you mean capacity or voltage? I assume these are 7.2v same as my sons 6x6 lorry? I'd probably ideally drop a stick pack in the rear bed and cover it with a camo net over it.

Will01capri, did you have to upgrade any of the running gear to run higher powered motors?

I have seen metal versions or the tracked units, and gearboxes etc available on Banggood, which I was looking into, but then saw you could get the trucks ready to go with the tracks, for a fraction of what it was going to cost as separate parts.
The dual motors would rip stock axle internals out. All metal upgraded gears and bearings and driveshafts to handle the torque. The teack units are very hard on the axles qnd also you would be best to stiffen the leafs aswell as they twist up under heavy load
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
bikerdude
Lance Corporal

Post by bikerdude »

I'll get one ordered, thanks, though maybe not this month, got carried away and bought a couple more tanks. I've seen on Banggood they have all metal versions of the track units, for around £30, plastic versions for £7. I'd assume the rubber tracks could be changed out for some 3D printed tracks if some were designed to fit on the sprockets.

Ps. Painless, I tried the video again, it doesn't work, says its restricted by the uploaders request, I went to your account and I can watch some of your other videos, but the 'A Quick Run in Sub Zero Temps for the 5 Ton Crawler' and the Pershing quick smoker, both come up as age restricted.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Do you have a youtube account? If you aren't logged in it might default to assuming that you are a child - and I suspect that like me, Painless has probably set the "I do not produce content for children' flag for all of his recent uploads to avoid having to worry about complying with the COPPA regulations.
COPPA.JPG
COPPA.JPG (73.47 KiB) Viewed 533 times
bikerdude
Lance Corporal

Post by bikerdude »

Yes, I've got an account, and am logged in. In fact I've somehow ended up with 2 accounts using the same email address. An oddity that occurred when google acquired Youtube, I already had accounts set up with both, and the merger seemed to give me the option of logging into either account with the same email.

Return to “General Discussion”