Bovington Tank Museum trip

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Bovington Tank Museum trip

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

NAB wrote:Sorry they didn't have one
No worries. Thanks for looking :thumbup:

I hope you had a good day.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Yeah was good. Kids enjoyed it and enjoyed spending money in the shop at the end lol.
They both got 'lego' sets. They're a different brand because Lego won't make military vehicles. A Tiger and a 1938 mercedes officers car.
I had to resist the temptation of spending too much in the modelling area and remember that I have 4 1/16 scale tanks I need to work on!

The size of the king tiger and jagdtiger were amazing. Imagine seeing a column of these monsters rolling past!

I took other pics of the back of tanks in case I need them for future builds.

Will post a few more 'money shots' if you anyone wants the rear view of these tanks then just ask.
There is a lot of German WW2 armour because to be honest I find the British stuff ugly (except the firefly).

Would highly recommend a visit to this museum. It's also a great part of the country to have a short break in.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

There was a short sequence on a WW II programme on the Yesterday channel the other day, where it showed some of the Battle of Kursk. Just lines and lines of “big” tanks. It must have been really scary shut into your huge massive “box”, which could quite easily become your coffin.

Yes, Dorset is lovely. I hale from Sherborne, but have only been down to that neck of the woods a couple of times.

A good day out nearby is the Fleet Air Arm museum ay Yeovil. It was great looking at the types of aircraft my dad worked on when he served on the carrier HMS Centaur during the Korean War.
‘Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes’ - Oscar Wilde
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Yes, Dorset is lovely, couldn't agree more. Solent through Poole to Weymouth offers the very best sailing waters on the planet. The beaches and coastal paths are spectacular and the places to visit go on and on - Bovington, Corfe Castle, Poole Steam Railway, Weymouth Naval Dockyards and Speed Week, Portland prison/lighthouse/Chesil Beach, Poole Harbour and it's islands. I have many great memories from School Journey as a 7 year old to Weymouth Speed Week as a competitor to more recent mega relaxing staycations. Beats the pants off of Benidorm ;)

Dorset County Council please make cheques out to GenJumCo.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Different Zimmerit design on a StugImage

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Small arms fireImage