RTR Chieftain

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: RTR Chieftain

Post by Woz »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:I checked the link and the tank looks good, but my godness, somebody please throw this link to the Haya guy:

phpBB [video]
Seems to have done the trick

phpBB [video]
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

It is available from Mato Mart with cheaper shipping option for us in America. Mato Mart usually has Christmas special with free shipping with orders above $200 so it might be a good idea to wait a few weeks to see.

http://www.matomart.com/product.php?c=1000134
1/16 Chieftain
1/16 Chieftain
chieftain.JPG (44.89 KiB) Viewed 2153 times
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Mine will be here Tuesday I think...Pro version.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I missed much of September's threads, but having just seen this one, I think it's fair to say that Andrew should be praised for his initiative and enterprise. :thumbup:
An injection-molded Chieftain has got to be a good thing. From here, it certainly looks pretty good.
At least he has 'put his money where his mouth is', as the saying goes.
Sadly, the same can't be said for Clark, with the projected Cromwell/ BT-7/ British MK IV RTRs, and sundry other possible tanks. :eh: :problem: :/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

43rdRecceReg wrote:I missed much of September's threads, but having just seen this one, I think it's fair to say that Andrew should be praised for his initiative and enterprise. :thumbup:
An injection-molded Chieftain has got to be a good thing. From here, it certainly looks pretty good.
Sadly, the same can't be said for Clark, with the projected Cromwell/ BT-7/ British MK IV RTRs, and sundry other possible tanks. :eh: :problem: :/

Glad I didn’t sell my Cromwell now!
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemenn,
the Chieftain is here.
Some quick Pictures:
Achtern.jpg
Rechts.jpg
Rechts.jpg (88.15 KiB) Viewed 2053 times
Oben.jpg
Zubehör.jpg
Electronic is a Haya-Labled TK6.3
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Dont know about you lot, but I feel a rousing round of applause is due for Mr Andrew Haya for his drive & dedication to bringing this wonder to the market.
A bold commercial venture, and by the looks of it, a superb example of an otherwise overlooked Post War AFV
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I freely admit the taste of humble pie leaves a very dry taste in my craw as I acknowledge the truly inspiring effort that Andrew has put into the whole process of designing, producing and marketing this rarely seen 1/16 rc example of post WW2 armour. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

tomhugill wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:I missed much of September's threads, but having just seen this one, I think it's fair to say that Andrew should be praised for his initiative and enterprise. :thumbup:

Glad I didn’t sell my Cromwell now!
:D :thumbup: yes, Tom. Besides, after all that dedicated personalisation, it's a real keeper. After all the hair-pulling, expletives, and '...Never again!!'s with mine, it's a keeper too.
All that said, I was keen on the idea of trialling the RTR one. It would have been the daily runner, and the Ludwig project; the Sunday best. :D
Back on Andrew's bold initiative, I think he's definitely one to follow (and support :thumbup: ) for the future.
Are you tempted by the Chieftain? I am, but I'm still fettling the Comet, and I have a Tamiya Tiger 1, and a Jagdpanther waiting impatiently. :problem:
Edit: looking at the vertical video again, when the gun recoils, it sounds as if it's firing a BB. :) If that's the case, then this model has Airsoft barrel recoil. I like that feature!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Got mine yesterday. Quite pleased with what I see so far. No plans to do any work on it for the time being as I have way too many projects started at the moment. I really like how the driver's hatch is spring loaded when it is unlocked.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “General Discussion”