How do you Tank Battle at club meets?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
NickyB65
Recruit

How do you Tank Battle at club meets?

Post by NickyB65 »

Hi All,

Interested in getting my tank and looking at the IR ones. How extacly does this work at the club meets?

If the receiving tank takes a hit, does it mean it stops dead or does it limp away?

Just interested to know,
thanks

Nick
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: How do you Tank Battle at club meets?

Post by Tiger6 »

Assuming you are using a tamiya compatible system, as you take hits your tank get progressivley slower until it stops dead. After a short period it will reset and you can go again. Beyond that its really up to the group as to what the rules are - at Grantham its usually just a free for all, as not every one has a battle system, and not everyone is interested.
NickyB65
Recruit

Post by NickyB65 »

Tiger6 wrote:Assuming you are using a tamiya compatible system, as you take hits your tank get progressivley slower until it stops dead. After a short period it will reset and you can go again. Beyond that its really up to the group as to what the rules are - at Grantham its usually just a free for all, as not every one has a battle system, and not everyone is interested.
Ah great, that sounds good. I live in Cambs, so about an hour away from your club I think. Might pop by whenever I get a tank.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Why don't you just "pop by" at their next meet anyway, with or without a tank you'll be most welcome.

But take some spending money, Dave and Julie (forgebear) will be there with desirable goodies :D
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
RobW

Post by RobW »

And you can see what's available to change your mind on what you thought you wanted!
NickyB65
Recruit

Post by NickyB65 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Why don't you just "pop by" at their next meet anyway, with or without a tank you'll be most welcome.

But take some spending money, Dave and Julie (forgebear) will be there with desirable goodies :D
I might just do that, cheers.. :P
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi The club meets are normally the first Sunday of the month.

regards pete
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Next meeting is 4th August, I'll endevour to bring battle ready tanks and some buildings to hide behind...
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

"Free for all"? Is it really that disorganised? Surely not! :(
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Compared with what I used to experience back in the US, yes it is...

I'd love to participate in the kind of battles that I used to be part of when I was a member of the Detroit club, but having come home and tried to get the same kind thing going on here in another club, I just realised it was impossible - One one side was childlishly shouting me down for 'dictating to people how they should have fun', and the other side took an overly agressive mentality to the game that would be considered blatant cheating in the US club environment - over powered emitters, dodgy sensor placements, no forward facing sensors "because mah tank has impervious frontal armour!!!111!" etc...

I just gave up and walked away :yawn:

My participation in the Grantham club is more social than anything else. A great and varied bunch of folks who do as much or as little as we can be bothered to. If enough of us wanted to do something organised I'd be happy to lead it, but until then enjoy our company 8)

Return to “General Discussion”