Swedish tank museum (lots of pics)

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Pebbe302
Recruit

Swedish tank museum (lots of pics)

Post by Pebbe302 »

Visited this place a few years ago. Thought that you guys might be interested in some of the tanks. Its a great place and the staff are really friendly and have great knowledge and interrest in their tanks. Enjoy! :thumbup:

And some pics from the regiments family day

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
Fov T34
Tamiya Centurion mk.III
Vstank JGSDF90
Vstank M1A2 Abrams
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Swedish tank museum (lots of pics)

Post by c.rainford73 »

These are very nice. Thank you for sharing :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Some interesting things there.
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Nice pics pebbe thanks for sharing :thumbup: I don't fancy the chances of the vehicle in your first pic though ;) it has no visable main gun and the armour looks waaaaay to thin :lolno: :lolno:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Pebbe302
Recruit

Post by Pebbe302 »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Nice pics pebbe thanks for sharing :thumbup: I don't fancy the chances of the vehicle in your first pic though ;) it has no visable main gun and the armour looks waaaaay to thin :lolno: :lolno:

Cheers, Lee.
Hahaha, you are refrering to Swedens first tank, the FM/21 (Försöksmodell/prototype) or LK II (Leichter kampfwagen) as its German name was.

It has a pretty cool history. It was bought and smuggled in to Sweden from germany due to it was a breach against the Versailles treaty for the germans to own and produce tanks with a weight over 10 tons. It went trough swedish customs in pieces and was labelled as ”tractor parts”.

Just as you yourself have noticed, Lee, the armour didnt offer much protection so after test were made it was decided to dismantle the whole ting and hardern the steel plates. And yes, the cannon was too weak so they mounted a 37 mm Puteaux canon from Renault FT on some of them.

The 55 hp engine was enentually swapped to a 85 hp. We only had 10 of them and they were used until 1939. So there you go, the history behind the funny looking ”tractor”.
Fov T34
Tamiya Centurion mk.III
Vstank JGSDF90
Vstank M1A2 Abrams
Pebbe302
Recruit

Post by Pebbe302 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Mr Pebbe302, I think Model Builder 4 was being facetious, I think he meant this vehicle ;)

But thanks for the history :thumbup:
Haaaahaha... :haha: :haha: :haha: ..things aren´t going so well for me in this forum, I think :haha: First the ”the switsh is missing on my T34” story, and now this :haha:
Fov T34
Tamiya Centurion mk.III
Vstank JGSDF90
Vstank M1A2 Abrams
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

An impressive array of armour, and pics, so thanks for that Pebbe. :thumbup: I've visited Iceland and Denmark in the past, but have yet to get to Norway and Sweden, and so I envy you the visit.
I have to smile at the irony of a neutral country having such a collection of WW2 weaponry on display. Then again, the Swedes did supply the Germans with iron ore during the War; but also aided some of our POW escapees, and the Nordic resistance. The Swiss (neutrals too) also have a great military museum, at Full, where they're restoring a King Tiger. I posted some pics from there on this forum a couple of years ago. Some links to the Swiss Military Museum, if you're interested:
http://www.festungsmuseum.ch
http://www.festungsmuseum.ch/englisch/
http://www.koenigstiger.ch/english/picture-gallery.html
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi again pebbe , as Mick ( son of a gunner ) pointed out it was a little bit of fun :D we like a bit of humour thrown in with our tanks, great pics 8) I really like the halftrack, gives me some inspiration for the one that I have :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Pebbe302
Recruit

Post by Pebbe302 »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Hi again pebbe , as Mick ( son of a gunner ) pointed out it was a little bit of fun :D we like a bit of humour thrown in with our tanks, great pics 8) I really like the halftrack, gives me some inspiration for the one that I have :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
...and the joke was much apprecheated :haha: :haha: :haha:
Fov T34
Tamiya Centurion mk.III
Vstank JGSDF90
Vstank M1A2 Abrams
Pebbe302
Recruit

Post by Pebbe302 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:An impressive array of armour, and pics, so thanks for that Pebbe. :thumbup: I've visited Iceland and Denmark in the past, but have yet to get to Norway and Sweden, and so I envy you the visit.
I have to smile at the irony of a neutral country having such a collection of WW2 weaponry on display. Then again, the Swedes did supply the Germans with iron ore during the War; but also aided some of our POW escapees, and the Nordic resistance. The Swiss (neutrals too) also have a great military museum, at Full, where they're restoring a King Tiger. I posted some pics from there on this forum a couple of years ago. Some links to the Swiss Military Museum, if you're interested:
http://www.festungsmuseum.ch
http://www.festungsmuseum.ch/englisch/
http://www.koenigstiger.ch/english/picture-gallery.html
Yes, not only did we export iron to the germans, we even allowed them to transport wounded and soldiers on R&R from norway trough Sweden. I guess that that was all a part of a plan to keep us out of the war, allthougt Sweden was very sympatetic towards Adolfs regime, atleast in the beginning of the war. We had a small numbers of swedes in the waffen-SS. I belive that some of the last soldiers defending the Fürhrer bunker were swedes.

Thank you so much for the links.
Fov T34
Tamiya Centurion mk.III
Vstank JGSDF90
Vstank M1A2 Abrams

Return to “General Discussion”