Building Tiger 1 Late Production from Mato's lower hull

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Re: Building Tiger 1 Late Production from Mato's lower hull

Post by Guido Henn »

Hello,

i have this lowerhull here on my workstation.A new and better track- tensioner is in work,
of course you can adjust the tension of the tracks from the outside. o- pictures will follow asap.

with kind regards,Guido :wave:
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

I'm going to put this spare links on the sides of the turret. How many links each side is considered enough? 4 or 5? The links were cut from a plastic PanTiger, so there can be as many links as possible.

H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Check my fehrmann tiger build to see numbers and positions.
It depends on your versions build period as how many and where they should go.
Tiger info site has details on precisely where and how many.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Try this
Attachments
TurretTracks5.gif
TurretTracks5.gif (24.1 KiB) Viewed 2601 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

How do you tow your tank? Here is how I do mine.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

These are mods I've done today to my mighty metal Tiger 1.

1. Hide the on/off switch on the rear panel between the exhaust

2. Some member has pointed out that the frontal armor of Heng Long is complete rectangular which is wrong. so I modify it a bit like this. how does it look?
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

The next stage is to fit the tank with CS TK-16 board. Since I already have this board, so now I order a transmitter that it is design to work with; the RadioLink AT-9. It will arrive in about 10 days time.

SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

So the RadioLink AT9S has arrived and ready to match with the Can Suo's TK-16 sound board. AT9S is an upgrade of AT9 which has 10 channels out of the box and can be upgraded to 12 channels. The problem is the dealer is not so friendly or helpful. I reached her for help when I received the transmitter but she ignored my message. I tried the second time with more serious tone of speech and she referred me to the manufacturer of the board, Can Shuo. This guy was a bit more helpful (but not much) that he showed me a few videos of connections and I tried it.

The weird performance of this connection is that when I push the lever forward, only the left motor runs and when I push the lever to the left or right, both run. Below is how I wired it:

TK-16 Ch01 ==> AT9S Ch02 (forward/backward)
TK-16 Ch02 ==> AT9S Ch01 (left/right)
TK-16 Ch03 ==> AT9S Ch03 (cannon elevation)
TK-16 Ch04 ==> AT9S Ch04 (turret rotation)
TK-16 Ch05 ==> AT9S Ch08 (alternate function / engine on/off)

Kindly refer to the video below. What do you think the problem is and how to solve it. Thank you in advance!

Also here is my first attempt for zimmerit, what do you think. (problem: this is not putty and it is still wet after more than 24 hours)
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

I'm still struggle with my new AT9S transmitter and it's hard to find a helper.

A Korean guy purchased an empty shell Mato metal Tiger 1 a few days ago with the price tag of US$500. He showed me the motors of his tank and I was surprise they have the gearbox cover we discussed some time ago. What are the benefit these covers provide to the tank? I can't imagine much except it won't splash water or grease to other parts of the tank.

Return to “General Discussion”