DKLM/OKMO 1/16 Churchill MK.VII is now ready for order

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Loongsheep
Recruit

DKLM/OKMO 1/16 Churchill MK.VII is now ready for order

Post by Loongsheep »

The OKMO Churchill is now ready for sale. It seems that in response to popular feedback the price has been lowered and a set of prototypical metal track is included.

As OKMO is formed by a group of designers, T28/95, M60A3 and this tank are lead by different designers. This is Carson of DKLM's debut work, evolved from the drawings he started years ago. He has good attention to details and asked me to research and purchase reference material on my trip to UK back in June. Metal is used only on essential parts, but from my inspection the hull is plenty strong due to the prototype's smaller size and construction design.

Low-speed gearing DKLM gearbox is recommended for prototypical speed and realistic steering. Variants of the Churchill including the Crocodile are planned for future release.

For any question you should contact Carson directly on his DKLM RC Facebook page. I do not know too much about the model aside from having seen it.

https://www.dklmrc.com/product/ccmk7
phpBB [video]

1534608372185_img_20180818_192927.jpg
39306862_2196785493684411_6791267726556921856_o.jpg
39453233_2196785317017762_3232409416514928640_o.jpg
39453233_2196785317017762_3232409416514928640_o.jpg (98.81 KiB) Viewed 3805 times
c.rainford73
Major

Re: DKLM/OKMO 1/16 Churchill MK.VII is now ready for order

Post by c.rainford73 »

Really beautiful model
Tanks alot.... :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
It would have to be a Christmas Gift at that price but not having any British Armor, this would certainly do the job up right. Especially with those accurate tracks.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

It does look good! I've been pleading with all the players here for years to consider British armor so very glad to see this release finally come about. I'll be getting one. Perhaps they'll consider doing a Matilda next. :thumbup:
Last edited by Xiaoshan_Sailor on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Looks amazing! I am very tempted.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Lovely to see some iconic British armour for a change, the world's collective boner for panzers gets boring after a bit. Carson's outdone himself, this looks like a spectacular bit of kit. Those proper Churchill tracks look incredible! To be honest, the running gear is what dissuaded me from building a Ludwig Churchill; the tank just doesn't look right with Sherman tracks.

Although the price is comparable to what you'd pay for a new Tamiya kit here, which isn't actually too unreasonable given the level of work involved and the small production run. Still, you'd think they could have thrown in some of those PDSGB's for that kind of dosh. ;)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jeez thats nice...............if it weren't for the price there would be a plethora of "funnies" builds based on one.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Loongsheep
Recruit

Post by Loongsheep »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Jeez thats nice...............if it weren't for the price there would be a plethora of "funnies" builds based on one.
It is a shame that the "funnies" do not share the same hull so we can't just make several turret/gear and use the same base. I have built a Ludwig Centurion and plan to make a Conway turret - the hull details are close enough.

The AVRE and Crocodile (on MK.VII hull) are already planned by Carson.
Loongsheep
Recruit

Post by Loongsheep »

Raminator wrote:Lovely to see some iconic British armour for a change, the world's collective boner for panzers gets boring after a bit. Carson's outdone himself, this looks like a spectacular bit of kit. Those proper Churchill tracks look incredible! To be honest, the running gear is what dissuaded me from building a Ludwig Churchill; the tank just doesn't look right with Sherman tracks.

Although the price is comparable to what you'd pay for a new Tamiya kit here, which isn't actually too unreasonable given the level of work involved and the small production run. Still, you'd think they could have thrown in some of those PDSGB's for that kind of dosh. ;)
Ye I also wish I have the proper tracks for my Centurion, but it doesn't look too bad will all mud guards on 8)

The price is really the lowest it can get and I believe Carson has less profit than minimum wage in designing it. I know the OKMO T95 had a $400USD cost just for printing the main parts, so $799 really isn't much (Churchill has double-hull on sides, increasing the material needed). Since I bought my first PDSGB, I use it on all my tanks (buying only base plate). I have 2 gearbox (1 fast 1 medium ratio) for 5 tanks, spreading out the cost.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

What a lovely piece of kit this is
I must resist for the time being as I want a PZ 1 for crimbo...
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”