Bargain Challenger

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
percy1510
Corporal

Bargain Challenger

Post by percy1510 »

Morning everyone
I have bagged myself a bargain 8) . Heng Long Challenger with metal gears and tracks and a well dodgy paint job. £50
obviously needs a repaint and there are a few of the detail parts missing but for the price i really cant complain

The guy that I got it from has got some metal parts like grab handles etc but the parts in the photo are a mystery. Anybody have any idea what they might be??

lastly as I am a few detail parts missing I was wondering if anyone on here has any spare parts available. I will have to have a look through the manual and work out exatcly what I am missing

Thanks for looking
Glyn
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Bargain Challenger

Post by Raminator »

Those are the ice grousers from a T-34, they must have been included by mistake. They look like nice pewter castings of the Heng Long parts.

percy1510
Corporal

Post by percy1510 »

thanks for the response guys. ice grousers for T34.
the man that I got the tank knew nothing about tanks so was probably going to fit them to the challenger. I don't have any us3 for these so if anybody on here can use them send me your details and I will send them to you
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

They look as though they could represent stacks of grousers, for mounting on the hull rather than individual ones for fitting on the tracks.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Woz

Post by Woz »

I've always wondered what the holes in the track are for
DSC_7863.JPG
Now I know
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:You sure these are for a T34?

https://i.imgur.com/HduZkeh.jpg
Yes, the PE ones in your picture are pretty off-scale. The cleats and their reinforcements aren't as prominent as that, the tank wouldn't be able to drive without breaking them (also note that they're only supposed to be attached to every eighth track link or so, not every second). Take a look at this real one:
So if you stack them up, they look like the metal ones Glyn has:
  • IMAG1023.jpg
These are the Trumpeter parts, note that the reinforcements are short as per the real example.

Return to “General Discussion”