Tamiya Jagdpanther- static version...

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Tamiya Jagdpanther- static version...

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PainlessWolf wrote:Roy, Good afternoon,
I have been on the fence for some time about which Jadgpanther to get. I'm watching both Tamiya versions, Static and Full Option for a Mikes Tiger kind of build of just a straight Tamiya build. I also have Eric from Taigen on the line awaiting a look at their metal jobbie with the complete metal lower, etc., for a detail build. This gives me more food for thought. Thanks, Doc. ( and I haven't forgotten that IS-2 coming out later this year either ) *chuckles* Congratulations on that beautiful kit!
regards,
Painless
:D Well, Painless, it would appear that there's a Modeller's crossroads in the Colorado mountains, and you're standing at it.. ;) :D Being spoiled for choice has to be a good thing. Personally, however, of late I've found that all of these roads tend to lead ..to Tamiya.
The thing is, this model has been discontinued. Thus, it seemed to become imperative to get this minimalist starter kit at the very least, before even it became but a memory.. :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Tamiya statics look like a great option as I personally think their electronics have fallen behind when compared to some of the other products available today. I have considered the static jagdpanther kit myself but have too many other things on the go at the moment.

I would be very surprised if Tamiya don't re-release the full option kit in the future though. Never is a very long time.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Enjoy the build!

I’m having fun altering my one, lovely tank.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Such a nice collectable Mr 43rd
I am envious for sure and dont mind saying so
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I might be able to help you soon with the gun trunion parts as I have upgraded mine to some battle ready parts...

I’ll keep you posted.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks, B Man, Adam, and HB!. Much as I'd like to get started on the kit right away (it keeps dropping hints, and winking at me.. ;) :haha: ), it really will have to wait. It's alarming how even the price of a static kit is moving skyward currently, and hence the urgency in getting one. Yes, B Man, Tamiya may well reintroduce the full-option version at some unspecified time in the future; but it could be a long, L O N G wait.. :problem: I wouldn't want to wait for a generation for that to happen, or the address on the box might be: '1, The Pearly Gates' or, more likely: 'No 1, Fourth tier of Hell",, :haha:
Incidentally, for a static kit, the ersatz motor frames that hold the sprocket shafts in place, are surprisingly heavy. It's almost tempting to fit some gears and motors from another assembly inside them.., a sort of filling in of the the blanks. Ditto with the frame that retains the gun assembly. Yes, Thanks, Adam! When I do get started I'll be happy for any advice, and pics, you can offer.
:thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

The static kit moving parts look great. Had seen that in Andys build review. Had I not put alot of money and upgrades into the Taigen HL Jagdpanther, I would have bought this one for sure.

Return to “General Discussion”