Heng long truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Heng long truck

Post by Model Builder 4 »

You rebel Max , running the risk of total meltdown !! I like it :haha: glad nothing got fried bud :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Well, if it had been a $150 IBU board I wouldn't have been so brave, but with a $30 truck? I'm gonna butcher a couple for projects anyway so a fried board wouldn't really be that big a deal.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

For £10 Max you can pick up a cheap esc and micro steering servo, it's not a lot of work to change these over and it improves the truck quite a bit and you can use your own radio as well :D you can even keep the headlights working by wiring them to a servo plug and running them from your receiver :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

That's the plan, Lee, but I'm still researching and contemplating different radios. I might try using the gear from a Temper Crawler, but I can't figger the sound thing on that one. I really like the radio that came with my Losi, but again, don't know if I can add sound. I'm seriously thinking about getting a pistol grip style hobby grade TX for these trucks. Time for much more research and yet another mini education in the world of RC. Why I like that part of the hobby I have no idea, but it kinda worries me sometimes. Don't want to turn into a complete geek. Anyway, if I can find a good TX I might also use it for the Blitz. Right now that has a standard RC TX, just 4 channel.

Does anyone know anything about these flysky radios?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flysky-FS-GT3B ... 0677.m4598

I'm just getting started with this style TX so if anyone wants to give me the Cliff notes I'd really appreciate it.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
BeavistheCat
Recruit

Post by BeavistheCat »

Max,
I have the Flysky GT FS3c - which is the model that came after the one you listed. They work really well (thank heavens, since I am running tuned Nitro cars on the end of it). Cheap Receivers. If you go for the 3c, I would recommend getting a spare battery, so you can swap out in the field. They come with a USB lead to charge in-situ. I got mine from Banggood, which was reasonably painless. As ever instructions on how to use are a bit of a joke - but there are plenty of YT videos about.
Beavis
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So what are you guys using for an esc? I was looking at this one, but this is another area where I'm gonna have to educate myself.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/004-1x-mini-15 ... Swxg5XxD5U
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

That looks perfect. And with the 5v BEC you can power the RX?
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Yup, and you can also get a version with brakes (So instead of reverse when you move the stick down, it will brake first, and if you move it down again it will reverse). Its design for cars and trucks.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks, Michael. I ordered two. :)

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”