6th scale King Tiger blowing its stack...

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: 6th scale King Tiger blowing its stack...

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Roboticus_Prime wrote:
971wright wrote:Hi Blank firing guns and BB guns invalidate your insurance ,if you go to a club meeting you must have these functions disabled . So not much chance of showing them off. Hate to put a downer on this topic, but these days of claim for anything you do have to be careful. What you have fitted to your tanks.

regards pete
I live smack dab in the middle of the states. Thus, there are no rc tank clubs anywhere near me. So, I can only prowl around my yard or at the family farm. Will, probably build a battlefield out there at some point though.
...and I live where the Northern Lights hang out, almost closer to Iceland and Norway than the rest of Europe. The nearest RC club would probably be a six-hour drive away in Glasgow. So, in remote locations such as the Highlands, the futility
of IR systems becomes all too apparent, unless you have family members prepared to do battle.
At least with Airsoft, I can knock paper targets over, experiment with muzzle flash, and scare the rabbits off my veggie patch. :D :thumbup: I still like the idea of a paintballing tank. I could redecorate the external walls of the house with that; albeit very slowly... :lolno: :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

...and by paint balling tank, I mean something like this one. I know Gary (Max- U52) is up for creating a paint balling panzer.. :think:
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

In the UK, I think blank firing guns will bring you within the realm of firearms legislation. To the best of my knowledge, short barrelled blank firing weapons are not allowed to have straight through barrels. Barrels longer than 24" will probably be classed within the shotgun definitions.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

silversurfer1947 wrote:In the UK, I think blank firing guns will bring you within the realm of firearms legislation. To the best of my knowledge, short barrelled blank firing weapons are not allowed to have straight through barrels. Barrels longer than 24" will probably be classed within the shotgun definitions.
A sorry state of affairs, in some respects, Richard. Boys in the 1950s Britain routinely played with cap guns, spud guns, and 'rifles' that fired corks attached to a string. Yet we had no slew of homicidal gun-toting gangsters as a result of it.
But then, these days you don't need a gun, nor even a knife, to indulge yourself in an afternoon's senseless mass slaughter. All that's needed, is a car, van or truck... :shifty:
Not wanting to go off tangentially, though, here are a couple of links relating to weaponry..and airsoft and black powder 'caps' since that concerns model tankers here.
http://plugfirecapgunsuk.com
http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.p ... -replicas/
I suppose, back in the 50s and 60s, toy guns were not as realistic as the replicas the Police are so concerned about... but nonetheless, they would probably have to have a coloured plastic insert in the muzzle these days.
Interestingly, I saw a few real pistols as a boy :shh: that Tommies had brought back with them from the War (a couple of Lugers)...but that was a very different world from this one.
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

43rdRecceReg wrote:...and by paint balling tank, I mean something like this one. I know Gary (Max- U52) is up for creating a paint balling panzer.. :think:
phpBB [video]
Wow, that thing is very well designed. I've never seen a paintball hopper like that. I wonder if it would support a full auto marker?

And that running gear! That thing is like the honey badger of sand. Honey badger don't care!
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

In the KT at the top of this thread, there are chains across the shackles.

I have viewed thousands of pictures of Greman armour - I don't recall any chains draped on the tank in this manner ?
All the Schwerepanzers have steel rope style cables as standard equipment, why would they have chains ?

As for the invalidation of insurance if you turn up with a BB firing tank, that's just another nambi-pambi nanny state rule that blights our lives these days.

When I were a lad.....blah, blah, blah...... :haha:
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Nothing against bling - if that's how they were in reality :lolno: :D
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Roboticus_Prime wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:...and by paint balling tank, I mean something like this one. I know Gary (Max- U52) is up for creating a paint balling panzer.. :think:
phpBB [video]
Wow, that thing is very well designed. I've never seen a paintball hopper like that. I wonder if it would support a full auto marker?

And that running gear! That thing is like the honey badger of sand. Honey badger don't care!
You should check out the creator's other videos. His handle is 'OttoH'. Here's another of his amazing vids. Apparently he spent thousands creating this piece of kit, and it really shows... :thumbup:
phpBB [video]

Return to “General Discussion”