Smoker and working exhausts on the KV-1

Smoke creating devices!
cmdr001
Recruit

Smoker and working exhausts on the KV-1

Post by cmdr001 »

Hello.

New member here, didn't knew exactly where to post, so the electronics general area seemed the most appropriate for the kind of question.

So, I have a HL KV-1 which is all fun, but aside the fact that the smoker went kaput so I'll have to get around to fix it, I always wondered if it was possible to have the two real exhausts working. Aside the fact of having to replace or at least play around with the ones on the model so that smoke can actually run through them, I do realize they kind of sit over the engines area and one of them might be blocked by just not having enough room to plug the hose without the hose being squished. Is there a work around for this, or am I worrying too much and a pipe corner will work OK to move around the engine?

Also, aside the fact I'm far from an expert in this kind of crafting, I was considering eventually getting a Tamiya KV-1 and was wondering if the bit about the smoker and exhausts was in any better standing or not compared to the HL unit. Don't really know how the insides of the tank would like on the Tamiya version once all electronics would be nestled in. Anyone has any pictures of how the "default" build of one would look like on the inside once everything's set up?

Thank you.
blimp
Sergeant

Re: Smoker and working exhausts on the KV-1

Post by blimp »

Our very own Tankbear has done it - http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 583#p70583
. . . The Tamiya KV doesn't have a smoker unit .
. . . My own attempt was rather radical too :crazy: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 697#p71697
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
cmdr001
Recruit

Post by cmdr001 »

Ok, seems one has to get rather creative to pull it off, not sure if I'll be able to do much out of it but thank you for pointing me in the direction.

Concerning the Tamiya KV though, so it doesn't come with a smoker, but would there be room to fit it in, or you never seen any of them with a smoker added?
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

I think most of the Tamiya tanks are full of electronics and twin batteries etc so not much room to add a smoker.

Back on the smoker the novalty of having it running soon wears off. I run my tanks outside and with a slight wind and brighter light conditions you rarely see the smoke. Thought I mention it before you go busting a gut getting it all working to be disappointed.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
cmdr001
Recruit

Post by cmdr001 »

Ah, I see. Suppose I'll have to consider that.

Well, I wanted a proper smoker assembled on a tank that's more to show than using actively, thus figuring that a properly assembled and well decorated Tamiya would go neatly with the smoker to add to the looks (and smell), thus the reason why I would probably put some work in it. Given the Tamiya thing though, I'll probably have to see if I can get some alternative electronics on a HL one just so that it sounds a bit more real and still have a minimally working smoker that isn't much of an headache to install.

Thank you for the help, most appreciated.

Return to “Smokers”