New Tamiya /Heng long I/R compatible unit

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Saxondog
Captain

New Tamiya /Heng long I/R compatible unit

Post by Saxondog »

Tonight Reaper Advised me of a Site in Australia and a very smart product that makes not only the Tamiya and RX18 systems compatible for battle,and has some other unique features,servo speed control for barrel recoil,tank anti jerk or even jerk control function. And it is a plug and Play unit. But really guys check out this site and find out for yourselves.

http://rctanksaustralia.com/shop/ Email: sales@rctanksaustralia.com

The first item will be the first product in the new RC Tanks Australia Battle Unit (rcTABU) range. The MAKO is a small adapter board for Heng Long tanks that simply plugs in between the RX-18 and the rest of the Heng Long IR battle system
MAKO_V4_3d_prototype_wh.jpg
MAKO_V4_3d_prototype_wh.jpg (16.4 KiB) Viewed 4228 times
The MAKO brings Tamiya Battle capability to your Heng Long tank while RETAINING your original Heng Long battle functions. No longer are you limited to battling with other Heng Longs but will now be able to battle with Tamiya compatible systems as well. No soldering or other modification of your is Heng Long required. Simply disconnect the 5 + 2 pin cable from your RX-18 and plug the 5 pin connector into the MAKO instead. Connect the supplied 5 -pin to 5 pin cable from the MAKO to the RX-18. Installation is now complete.

Our popular ATRC finally gets the update it deserves. The original ATRC (Anti-Track Recoil Circuit) was a simple circuit designed to stop that horrid track recoil of Heng Long tanks. The new MKII version offers the choice of either total track recoil blocking or having just a bit of backwards movement (like certain Tamiya tanks). Ultra-bright flash LED support is standard and the most exciting new feature is support for a servo to control the recoil action of the cannon. Yes the servo works with your standard Heng Long radio setup as it is controlled by a micro controller on the ATRC itself.
ATRC_MKII_3D_wh.jpg
ATRC_MKII_3D_wh.jpg (16.71 KiB) Viewed 4228 times
Reapers post on the MAKO Unit= http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 638#p79638

Both the MAKO and ATRC MKII are expected to be available mid to late March.
Email: sales@rctanksaustralia.com http://rctanksaustralia.com/shop/
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
mustclime
Sergeant

Re: New Tamiya /Heng long I/R compatible unit

Post by mustclime »

Just stumbled on this...wow, If it truely is fully workable with the tamiya, this is big....I do not see anything on the different loading times and number of hits allowed for each class of tanks though....the hl "apple" or ir sensor is not really usable ether so you might have to pickup a tamiya one the figure out how to work it into the system.
Reaper332
Corporal

Post by Reaper332 »

Hi Mustclime,
Check out my post in Electronis/ Extras under Heng Long I have 2 Mako units see what you think and feel free to ask any questions. http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 638#p79638
Ken
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

Hi I have two of these units on the way!! And if they get here in time will have them on test at our first tank meet on the 19th this Sunday at the old scout hut in Hyde ! What a great invention!!! This will bring more people into battleing!!! An at a cheek price!!!! :thumbup:
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
Reaper332
Corporal

Post by Reaper332 »

Hi Tank Man,
Please keep me posted as to if you get them and how they go, I will be using my 2 H/L fitted with the Mako this weekend at our club battle day.
Ken
mustclime
Sergeant

Post by mustclime »

Reaper332 wrote:Hi Mustclime,
Check out my post in Electronis/ Extras under Heng Long I have 2 Mako units see what you think and feel free to ask any questions. http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 638#p79638
Ken
take a look at my question on the other thread....
Reaper332
Corporal

Post by Reaper332 »

No worries seeing you asked so nicely
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi We tested the Mako boards at the last meeting ,they work very well (to well in one way need to fit the emmitter in a tube).
On the plus side very cheap to buy,very easy to install ,true plug and play.Would make it very easy to get your Tank battling against Tamiya compatable system,A great board for New guys or the very young,dont have to be a electromagian to fit them.You can have a fully running tank for less than £100 .
On the minus side the emmitter needs to put in a tube to focus the beam(Might be better to change it as well),we found it was hitting everything in front of the tank,The other point is it could do with flashing lights when it is hit (cant see a way of doing this myself Unless you can wire lights to the motors so they come on when it dose the dance)the tank just dose the little dance when hit.Another point is the battle unit the standard heng long unit isnt that good at range,But this can be fixed it is possible to fit 4 sensors inside,this I have done and they work upto 85ft in sunlight.

On the whole I like them very cheap ,easy to fit ,and will be great to get more young people having a go and wont put off new guys,oh almost fogot they work against the standard WSN tanks as well so you can battle them with a Heng long tank(cant do that with a Tamiya)just a little bit of other info the SLU system also works with the WSN so another plus(or is it another nail in the Tamiya coffin).

regards pete
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Have just been to there website and had a look ,mid 2012 there bringing out a board that adds on to this board and will have flashing lights when hit and also reduce the speed ,so it will be almost like a DBC.Lets hope they do a sound card as well .

regards pete
NickDonitz
Corporal

Post by NickDonitz »

Me thinks i shall get one for the Jagdpanther
I'm manning the gun's ! Who's driving ?

Return to “Hobby News”