New King Tiger with Porsche prototype Turret

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
GD
Recruit

New King Tiger with Porsche prototype Turret

Post by GD »

Hello,

We would like to introduce ourselves, GD as a new distributor who will shortly be distributing the new Porsche Turreted King Tiger being made by Heng Long's Premium branch - Waltersons.

We would like to add that this forum was chosen to premiere the new product manufactured by Waltersons, because it was found to be one of the best, the most active and the most knowledgeable of the forums. It has a good atmosphere; it is well designed and efficiently managed.

Here are two posters that Waltersons have produced for us to post on this forum, they have been watermarked due to us (GD) and therefore Rc Tank Warfare being the only place with the latest information from Waltersons, so we can track who takes these images.

Updates will be posted as replies to this thread however this post will also be updated with any updates such as new pictures.

The New Porsche King Tiger
New Release King Tiger with Porsche prototype turret
New Release King Tiger with Porsche prototype turret
The New Porsche King Tiger carry bag
New Release King Tiger II with Porsche prototype turret
New Release King Tiger II with Porsche prototype turret

forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: New King Tiger with Porsche prototype Turret

Post by forgebear »

hi any more details of the product you have manufactured thanks :thumbup:
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

any chance of some pics , premiere what two posters?, can we have some info please about the product and yourself
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

Here is a New poster i have been asked to put up on behalf of GD / Waltersons.
waltersons carrying bag v2_02_2.jpg
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

Waltersons have produced 2 new posters for us, this time with pictures of the actual tank, bear in mind this is NOT the Heng Long King tiger, it's a completely different mold by Waltersons.
RCTANKposter-low3_2.jpg
RCTANKposter-low2_2.jpg
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

hi mat if not the heng long can you let me know when you speak to gd what electrics are in it for me thanks dave :thumbup:
GD
Recruit

Post by GD »

The Waltersons site http://waltersons.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is now partially on-line and they will be posting an announcement from the C.E.O. of Heng Long concerning the accidental release of a few pre-production Heng Long versions of the King Tiger.

Also on the website are some excellent detailed photographs of the Waltersons Premium Edition King Tiger with Porsche prototype turret. As the Waltersons site becomes fully operational, updated information will continue to be posted on this forum, including release date and prices.

Waltersons have asked us to state that the King Tiger which is painted with the brown and green striped camouflage, is NOT nor has it ever been a Waltersons product.
The Waltersons version is a far more sophisticated product and the paintwork, as you have seen in the photographs, is vastly superior. The battery pack, carrying bag and inner packaging are also all different, so please do not make the mistake of associating Waltersons with the pre-production brown and green striped model.

These are exciting times for us modellers and the RC tank community in general. The relationship between Waltersons and the RCTANKWARFARE forum has given us the opportunity to ‘world premier’ their first product. In the future, this will allow forum members to voice their ideas for further product development and the introduction of more products from Waltersons.
GD
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

i think that the price recomended for this tank at £179 for a king tiger with plastic gears and tracks and a bag with all heng long lecs in side is a lot of money i have spoken to lucy about this tank they have ask if i will stock it nedd some input from guys as to if its a good buy for you
thanks dave
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi At 179 pounds ,after you have bought new gearboxes 42 pounds and chucked the RX18 out and fit SLU.Takes the price to 350 pounds.You can buy a second hand Tamiya king Tiger for less than this.
Or to put it another way you can still buy the Heng Long King tiger for around 140 pounds(149 euros)these have metal gears, they are still on sale,so why do we have to pay 39 pounds extra for a bag and a tank of lower specs,I dont want a bag,I will never use a bag to move my tanks,If they were fitted with 4:1 gears and metal tracks ,i think 179 to 199pounds would be around the right price.Fit the SLU instead of the RX18 and you could ask 250-275 .
The paint Job is wasted because 99% will put zimmerit on the tank so will have to paint it again.
Try to sell us something we want not something we will not use.

regards pete
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

ok pete your up first i was told that the tank comes with this and that is all so i dont think i will stock it i have more kts with met gears on there way to me so we shall see if more of you think the same thanks pete for the input dave

Return to “Hobby News”