Bergepanther G

Chef_bikes
Recruit

Bergepanther G

Post by Chef_bikes »

Well, I've made sufficient progress that to me at least it's now starting to look like Bergepanther, so, I thought I'd go public and share some pics. I'm not modelling a specific vehicle just a generic Berger G (gives me more artistic licence) and I still have shed loads to do - like the interior, the figures, the spade.....the list goes on and on......

Be gentle with me - it's still a long way off finished. Still, so far it has 3:1 brass gearboxes, metal drive sprocket and idler, metal tracks, metal tools and real wood decking. It will have metal road wheels (currently en route from Welsh Dragon), metal suspension (ditto), metal tow hoods and a working winch - I've already modified a Hi-tec high 10kg torque servo to act as the winch :-) I'm making this one a heavy weight model - I really want it to be able to tow a serious load.
Attachments
17-May-11 044 (800x600).jpg
17-May-11 043 (800x600).jpg
17-May-11 041 (800x600).jpg
17-May-11 037 (800x600).jpg
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
STEINER
Sergeant

Re: Bergepanther G

Post by STEINER »

Another very nice build. Looking forward to seeing more pics as it progresses.
Do you realize how much I hate this uniform and all it stands for. ( Cross of Iron )
magmer
Lance Corporal

Post by magmer »

That is going to look superb when it is painted. Looking forward to see it winching a vehicle.
JayBrd
Lance Corporal

Post by JayBrd »

Excellent work!

Any threads on the G in the background??
Streiken Sie schnellen, Streik hart!!
Chef_bikes
Recruit

Post by Chef_bikes »

JayBrd wrote:Excellent work!

Any threads on the G in the background??
Thank-you sir. It's actually a 1/8th scale Mark-1-Tanks Panther that I'm converting into an 'A'. Posting a thread is on my 'to do' list! :S
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
tankmad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by tankmad »

Looking good keep up the good work.
Stevie
Chef_bikes
Recruit

Post by Chef_bikes »

I guess it probably doesn't look a lot different from the last post, but quite a lot has changed!

It now has Aisatam sprockets/idlers, track tensioners, tracks and road wheels. The inside has been cleaned out ready for the Tamiya DMD/MFU and JP speaker that are on their way from Jasons store, and I've made a start on the crane jibs, tow bars etc. I've also tweaked the springs to give it the 'nose up tail down' look the BPs have (due to the weight of the spade I guess). The engine cover now opens, and I have some sturdy brackets on the back for mounting the spade and towing.

It's putting on some weight - now 4.7kg without batteries, electrics or additional weights! I'm aiming for 7-8kg so it has enough behind it to pull and winch a Tamiya FO tank.

It's pretty much just the spade, electrics and interior to do now.....
Attachments
Beregeanther 002.JPG
Beregeanther 006.JPG
Beregeanther 008.JPG
Beregeanther 009.JPG
Beregeanther 010.JPG

Return to “Panther”