HMS Resolution

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

HMS Resolution

Post by dylan9391 »

The model is a scratchbuilt model of the British submarine HMS Resolution. The model is to a scale of 1/192 from the Gerry Hitch Jecobin drawing and is made from wood and covered in tissue paper. It's finally sealed with cellulose dope before being painted. I have still got a couple of things to do including adding the periscopes.
Saxondog
Captain

Re: HMS Resolution

Post by Saxondog »

Very unique model Dylan, I also model ship and have been modeling ship forever. Just started tanks 2yrs ago. Very interesting material used on this model. Sax
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Re: HMS Resolution

Post by dylan9391 »

Hi,

I've done the same as you actually. I started with building radio control aeroplanes and then moved onto radio control ships before developing an interest in tanks. The materials I use for the ships are balsa and plywood although recently I use balsa and ply for hulls and then plastic sheet and resin cast parts for the guns and things like that from my own moulds. Unfortunately working in this size the availability of cast parts from the trade are lacking, so I make patterns and cast my own life boats, watertight doors etc. I've also made a fibreglass plug for one hull HMS Birmingham a Type 42 destroyer in the same scale as the submarine 1/192. In fact most of my ships are to this scale apart from some of the free plan models that you get in model magazines.

Dylan

Return to “Warships”