Painting crew and support troops step by step

This board contains guides to painting and weathering, please post your tips, tricks and tutorials here.
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Painting crew and support troops step by step

Post by Johnf »

I'm posting photos of my crew figures at various stages. Will add more photos as I progress.

I'm attemting Oak leaf camouflage.

Base colour (Valego colours) mixed ger. camo pale brown 825 and camo med brown 826. 3:1 mix. some shading and highlights also using these colours.

1st stage camo model air 71006 camlgt green with some ger camo bright green added.

2nd stage camo. Extra dark green 896 and black.

I have tried to keep pattern in seperate patches there the garment seems join. In reality they would not be matched up.

I have painted the next figure in the same base colour but will try some peadot camo.

Last edited by Johnf on Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oldfeller
Corporal

Re: Painting crew and support troops for my Tiger

Post by oldfeller »

Hi

Great painting and your Tank camo with damage is great.

Gerwyn
raven

Post by raven »

hi john your figures are looking great very nice paint job have to get you to do mine

chris
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

Some figures now complete.

Hope you like them.

Wizzard033
Corporal

Re: Painting crew and support troops step by step

Post by Wizzard033 »

Nice work Sir! :clap:

Might I ask which colors you used and in which order? I have as of yet to paint my Tiger I and this is the first I wanted to model :eh:
ImageImage
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

I have a couple of other postings one on the build but posted under show off by mistake as new to forum. and another in the same category with photos of almost complete and complete, (maybe). I use mainly Vllego paints and have started to use an airbrush. This was my first airbrush and I'm happy with the result, almost. I will list the colours used later.
Steenv
Sergeant

Post by Steenv »

very very nice indeed - I am impressed with you skills.

cheers
Steen
http://www.panzerteam.dk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

Thanks for your comments. Will be starting some nice new figures soon and will try some detailed step by step on faces and any other requests.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

John, where are you finding these figures? I have three sets of 120mm figures I have yet to paint but that's all I have found? They are from a company call KIRIN. Also would like for you to post a painting guide, and would like to assist, like we did in the painting and weathering gray post. Oz being the instructor and me and Steiner the pupils. Let me know what you think as this would be a very valuable lesson for many of the members. cheers Blake
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

Hi Blake,

The tank crew figures are by Verlinden. They came as a set of 4. Not entirely impressed with the set. Too many knights crosses for one box. 3 models out of four. I removed the comanders but did'nt do the gunner. Might cover it up with a scarf. There is a seller on ebay with full range at reduced price buy now. Gave me a very good combined postage rate to Europe. I do'nt know if I can post sellers details here or should I pm you. The other Grenadier figures are from Hong Kong. Again Ebay but seller also has own site and offers free postage worldwide on most products. They were quite cheap also. About £12 with free postage. If interested they also have a highly detailed Kubelwagen 120mm which I think is a copy of the Verlinden model but for £40 including postage. website is http://www.toy-in.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but does not appear to be working at present. I can send you some item numbers on ebay which will link you to these sellers.

As for painting project. Sounds good to me. I have some nice new figures ready to prepare. so will start somthing soon. Will start with detailed face painting.

Return to “Painting and Weathering”